Nordstroms

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
ScotL
Chatbot

Nordstroms

Post by ScotL »

Stupidly expensive and gender inclusive instead of for men but I do think the models may be male.

https://www.nordstrom.com/browse/men/al ... ing_skirts
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Nordstroms

Post by FLbreezy »

They had a gender-inclusive skirt that was quite reasonably priced for sale last season. A black and a plaid version, sort of kilt-like but the pleats were designed backwards of a kilt. And they had male models wearing it, iirc.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

FLbreezy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:33 am They had a gender-inclusive skirt that was quite reasonably priced for sale last season. A black and a plaid version, sort of kilt-like but the pleats were designed backwards of a kilt. And they had male models wearing it, iirc.
Forgot about that. Looked it up and found them only on EBay. Called Be Proud. Likely a shameless reference to Pride Events but marketers do what they do.

Always wonder if they sold well and how do you know? Does selling well always mean they keep making them or does fashion mean something that sold well, now is passé and not recreated
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

They sell a number of things under the "Be Proud" label, not sure what the common theme is.

I have one of those skirts at any rate, it reminds me of the recent Adidas skirt but in a heavier cotton material. I would have thought it would sold well, but who knows. I haven't really worn it yet for whatever reason...been in kind of a rut and wearing the same few things over and over.
rockpup

Post by rockpup »

I just picked up a skirt from Nordstrom. It was not from their gender inclusive line though. The pockets are functional, and can hold phone, keys, and wallet :)
https://www.nordstrom.com/s/7330562?color=250
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

rockpup wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:52 pm I just picked up a skirt from Nordstrom. It was not from their gender inclusive line though. The pockets are functional, and can hold phone, keys, and wallet :)
That looks like a more sensible skirt with a lot going for it; Nice and short with belt loops, pockets and pleats. Not cheap but a more realistic price.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia