Skirts protests

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Skirts protests

Post by Barleymower »

Like some nationwide draconian crackdown, several schools across the UK are cracking down on girls rolling their skirts. One school moving to genderless school uniform (trousers).
Boys joining the fun and wearing skirts in protest which is a rediculous notion because everyone knows Boys hate wearing skirts.
The scary bit is there is a rise in conservatism, control and erosion of rights.
Wear your skirts while you can!

https://metro.co.uk/2023/02/24/schoolgi ... ated-posts

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2 ... e-teachers

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/ed ... r-26315159
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirts protests

Post by Grok »

Barleymower wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:38 pm Like some nationwide draconian crackdown, several schools across the UK are cracking down on girls rolling their skirts. One school moving to genderless school uniform (trousers).
Boys joining the fun and wearing skirts in protest which is a rediculous notion because everyone knows Boys hate wearing skirts.
For many years I wore "genderless" garments, and didn't even know it! :shock:

BTW...how would boys know that they hate wearing skirts if they have never tried them?
Andy_G

Post by Andy_G »

The problem with this is people checking the length of the girls skirts. This is wrong on so many levels. I don't think this has anything to do with men wearing skirts, but a basic violation in trying to determine if a hemline is acceptable.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Andy_G wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:49 pm The problem with this is people checking the length of the girls skirts. This is wrong on so many levels. I don't think this has anything to do with men wearing skirts, but a basic violation in trying to determine if a hemline is acceptable.
This does have something to do with men wearing skirts. The move to genderless trousers is the only option in a society which cannot accept that men could wear skirts. They have to move to trousers for girls here or accept boys and men in skirts and that would not do.

The sudden lunge at conservatism is (from my perspective) a reaction to the awakening realisation that males and females are incredibly diverse and the binary is crumbling.

Men in skirts is important to the new view that the binary does not exist. We are bringing normality to the abnormal.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Barleymower wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:58 amThis does have something to do with men wearing skirts. The move to genderless trousers is the only option in a society which cannot accept that men could wear skirts. They have to move to trousers for girls here or accept boys and men in skirts and that would not do.
Personally, I rather suspect not. I suspect that the "administration's" viewpoint is so ossified that they cannot comprehend the notion of boys (never-mind men!) wearing skirts, We're talking fossils here.
The sudden lunge at conservatism is (from my perspective) a reaction to the awakening realisation that males and females are incredibly diverse and the binary is crumbling.
At the meta-level the lurch towards "conservatism"/reactionary behavious began in the 1980s and nobody really noticed save the the "sensitive ones". This is nothing new, and is the primary reason I decided not to pass along any of my DNA to progeny.
Men in skirts is important to the new view that the binary does not exist. We are bringing normality to the abnormal.
Actually, I view what we're trying to do is bring back true masculinity and manhood in rebellion to the push we've had to all become macho automatons. We are men! We have needs -- emotional and physical needs that transcend the world of "macho". Give us the space to do so. That's what we need to demand from "society".

As far as the "skirt length" kerfuffle goes, that's been going on with the girls for generations, and there's precisely nothing new about it. It must've been a slow "news" day.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

If I understand the history correctly, various cultures have assigned different/distint clothing to men and women. A gender binary in terms of clothing.

Typically, in Western Civilization, men were in trousers and women were in skirts.

However, if trousers are now genderless, it would seem that men should now be assigned some sort of skirted rig.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

crfriend wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:27 am
Barleymower wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 12:58 am Personally, I rather suspect not. I suspect that the "administration's" viewpoint is so ossified that they cannot comprehend the notion of boys (never-mind men!) wearing skirts, We're talking fossils here.
Ossified? Petrified!

The skirted boys can be dismissed as protesters.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Seriously, though, The Powers That Be are probably oblivious to MIS. If they even notice it, they probably assume its an LGBQ thing.

Putting all the students in trousers avoids issues, such as skirt length or Trans.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Fifty years ago when I was a spotty youth, my female peers "rolled" their skirts and it likely happened further back than that.
I don't actually recall any official reaction then so it was tacitly accepted as an exercise in futility to stop it.
However, one classmate forgot that she had followed the fashion and went home a la mode.
Her return to school next day was with two black eyes.
The father had taught her the error of her ways in his own uniquely twisted way.
I don't recall any official reaction to that either, there were no "protests" of any kind that I know of.
The girl, she has passed away now but I know that her life did not much improve with age.
Perhaps extinction would be preferable than a return to that manner of "conservatism".
Anyone up for that standard of the good old days should be very careful what they wish for.
Steve.
PS as a potential Boy in Skirt, I would have been equally dealt with/brutalised!
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

crfriend wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:27 am At the meta-level the lurch towards "conservatism"/reactionary behavious began in the 1980s and nobody really noticed save the the "sensitive ones". This is nothing new, and is the primary reason I decided not to pass along any of my DNA to progeny.

Actually, I view what we're trying to do is bring back true masculinity and manhood in rebellion to the push we've had to all become macho automatons. We are men! We have needs -- emotional and physical needs that transcend the world of "macho". Give us the space to do so. That's what we need to demand from "society".
Agreed, nothing new in conservatism but recent revival is a reaction to the trans lobby.

Yes we are men and definition of manhood should not be foisted upon us. We are the men, we decide who we are.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Grok wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:44 am Seriously, though, The Powers That Be are probably oblivious to MIS. If they even notice it, they probably assume its an LGBQ thing.

Putting all the students in trousers avoids issues, such as skirt length or Trans.
This is what I am seeing. Essentially the girls are patsies. The girls are being denied their skirts at school. They can wear after school. The important thing is the school does not have to address the rights of trans kids, specifically trans girls.
I can see the rights of trans boys being undermined too. Rather than vilified they are ignored, they don't exist.
Before we say LGBTQ+ is nothing to do with MIS: We are all in this together.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

What is a "conservative" anyway?
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Barleymower wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:05 am Before we say LGBTQ+ is nothing to do with MIS: We are all in this together.
Agreed. When the rights of one are trampled on, nobody is safe. And believe me, men are skirts is easy pickins for an authoritarian right wing. We have no major lobby, no representation, no politician that specifically promotes our interest.

Simply put, once the transgender community is eliminated, MIS can be pinched out like a bug, and completely forgotten about.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, to the far right wing.... we're all just a bunch of abominable child molesting faggots. They'd just assume shoot you between the eyes and throw you in a shallow grave than to look at you. They have no value for your life or "freedom" anymore than a common cockroach.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

moonshadow wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:08 pm What is a "conservative" anyway?
In the United Kingdom we a two party system, with other minority parties. The right wing is represented by the Conservatives and the left wing is represented by Labour. Blue and Red respectively. However for the last 28 years the Labour Party has largely relinquished its left wing ideals for the centre ground, centre left or more accurately Right Wing ideals.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:08 pmWhat is a "conservative" anyway?
It depends on whether you capitalise it or not.

In the classic meaning, someone who is "conservative" is one that is hesitant to rock the boat needlessly.

In the modern meaning, capitalised, it's means "neo-con"/reactionary in the Reagan-era meaning, and that's what we have today. Sadly, we've lost the use of the word because when one speaks it, one cannot elucidate the capitalisation without potentially objectionable voicing of the word.

So, hilariously, I have lost the use of a word that describes my overall outlook on things --- "Don't rock the boat needlessly. But do not hesitate to when there is a valid need to."

The New Definition of Conservative came into being in the late '70s and became enshrined in the '80s and has produced the world we see before us today -- which is not a pretty thing at all (unless you're one of the Ruling Class", that is). It's produced ceaseless wars, impoverishment of the United States, and has caused vast human misery. All on the altar of unbridled greed.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!