Crutch Pouch/Bag

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Crutch Pouch/Bag

Post by shadowfax »

Here's an idea for skirted folks who may need to use crutches after an operation on their legs or because of a longer-term issue?

A company in The Netherlands, called Radical Design makes a Crutch Pouch to carry the sort of personal items which one would usually carry in a skirt pocket or in a shoulder bag. Such items might be difficult to take out of skirt pockets or a shoulder bag whilst balanching on a crutch.
They say, "If you have been on crutches for some months or indefinitively, you know how frustrating it is to try to take something out of your pocket without loosing one crutch.".

The crutch's handle passes through crutch bag's material and wraps around the crutch itself affixed by velcro.

The company is massively experienced in making bags for bicycles and also rucksacks. They've been established for over 30 years. I've owned one of their cycle bags and can testify to the high quality of their workmanship (workpersonship? :wink: ).
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Crutch Pouch/Bag

Post by Kirbstone »

I'd find such an item to be of limited use on a tennis court, though. The little hidden hip pocket under my skort is much better for balls!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Now that is something that could definitely have used.
Thanks Shadowfax, who knows if I may need it again some day
Steve.
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

Kirbstone wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:54 am I'd find such an item to be of limited use on a tennis court, though. The little hidden hip pocket under my skort is much better for balls!

Tom
I'm puzzling on how you manage to extract a tennis ball from the little hip pocket under your skort whilst you are trying to hold onto a tennis racket and a crutch? :roll: :)
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

shadowfax wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:14 am
Kirbstone wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:54 am I'd find such an item to be of limited use on a tennis court, though. The little hidden hip pocket under my skort is much better for balls!

Tom
I'm puzzling on how you manage to extract a tennis ball from the little hip pocket under your skort whilst you are trying to hold onto a tennis racket and a crutch? :roll: :)
.....or even how you play tennis whilst holding a crutch?
Even Andy Murray never achieved that particular feat.
Steve.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

No. For tennis I usually dispense with crutches, walking frames and rollators, raquet in both hands, freeing one to throw up the ball when serving. This is where the nubile ladies reach deftly the hidden ball at their hip under their skort to throw up for serve no. 2.

That is only when serve no. 1 doesn't go 'in', of course.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !