Comfort/discomfort

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Comfort/discomfort

Post by FLbreezy »

Barleymower wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:54 am (my wife is chubby, she hates it and struggkes with her weight).

What would you rather: Clothing freedom or be thin?
Answer
Thin, no question.
That's kind of a loaded question for a woman. Mine is the same and no doubt "thin" and "clothing freedom" are closely related in terms of being what's available to wear.
quasisp571

Post by quasisp571 »

Midas wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:59 am Skirts are more comfortable than trousers.

Dresses are more comfortable than skirts.

Some people are more comfortable than others when wearing skirts or dresses while out and about.

Some have the discomfort of a spouse who is hostile to male skirt wearing.

I am fortunate to have a supportive wife, so I wear a dress more or less all the time. I enjoy wearing a dress or skirt out and am comfortable in my own skin. Despite this I am still reluctant to wear a skirt in my own village, although a lot of locals have seen me so attired. While I will do jobs outside or drive out, I still haven’t gone walking down my own street. It will happen some time, but somehow it seems like a bigger step than the first time I went out in a skirt. Our own restrictions can be strange things.
I agree with you 100%

Skirts are indeed more comfortable than trousers, and they are fun too!

For me, it's the pairing of my blue denim mini skirts with my polo shirts that makes wearing them so enjoyable. And I have been doing this for 2 1/2 years now, and I have enjoyed every minute of it too!
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

FLbreezy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:02 pm
Barleymower wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:54 am (my wife is chubby, she hates it and struggkes with her weight).

What would you rather: Clothing freedom or be thin?
Answer
Thin, no question.
That's kind of a loaded question for a woman. Mine is the same and no doubt "thin" and "clothing freedom" are closely related in terms of being what's available to wear.
I know, and i did heavily careat before asking. Good of her to give an answer. Many would brush it off.
She is also doesn't know (and I would not say this to her) what it is like to always look on watch others enjoy. That said, she probably does. It's all about perception.

My conclusion remains the same. Its no big deal, wear the clothes you feel comfort in, enjoy them, meet the disapproving looks head on. They don't matter anyway. and I'll add: Don't look back and say I wish I did it earlier, do it now.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

Barleymower wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:53 pm Its no big deal, wear the clothes you feel comfort in, enjoy them, meet the disapproving looks head on. They don't matter anyway. and I'll add: Don't look back and say I wish I did it earlier, do it now.
Excellent advice. 8)
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

FLbreezy wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:06 pm
Barleymower wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:53 pm Its no big deal, wear the clothes you feel comfort in, enjoy them, meet the disapproving looks head on. They don't matter anyway. and I'll add: Don't look back and say I wish I did it earlier, do it now.
Excellent advice. 8)
I find it difficult to follow my own advice and I'm just as prone to run and hide as anyone else here. Today for instance I took my youngest to school in a skirt but changed into a more kilt type skirt before leaving. I was worrying that my choice would make me look effeminate.
Later when collected him it was wet and windy and I bottled it all together and put on my work trousers and sweatshirt, making the excuse that i was doing manual work later.
Good advice is one thing. Following it is another.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Barleymower wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:11 pmGood advice is one thing. Following it is another.
I suppose it's down to, "If you're going to talk the talk, you've got to walk the walk." What comes to mind is that if you're going to talk like Harry Callahan, you can't credibly walk like Barney Fife.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

I gots to know... ***** (whata)

I don't blame anyone, or dictate how they should be. Being hopeless or negative won't achieve anything.
There are guys out there you have achieved greatness when it concerns MIS. If i achieve anything it is on the shoulders of giants
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Barleymower wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:26 pmIf i achieve anything it is on the shoulders of giants
We all stand atop the shoulders of giants. The sooner we accept that, the better off we will be.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Skirt18220

Post by Skirt18220 »

Comfort is a skirt at least as I see it. I seldom wear pants anymore. I would be in a skirt/kilt 90% of the time. I live in Canada -10 is normal. I wear a skirt/kilt in the summer and winter bare legs. if it is very windy and cold I will add knee length socks. Pants are for snow blowing the driveway, working on the car, or working at something where I might scratch my legs. I bleed easily.
I have been with 5 of my 6 siblings only one has complained or shown discomfort at my choice of attire. Lucky maybe but I think they mostly know I do what I like so no point in complaining. I am married. my wife doesn't complain much. Occasionally if she doesn't happen to like the particular skirt.
Basically I am just repeating what others have said. Wear what makes you comfortable and happy. Skirts were the normal dress for many, many years.

I'd put a profile picture up if I could figure out how to easily. I don't have any on this computer. I'll put some on and include one with posts next time.