Commission Roadhouse Skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Commission Roadhouse Skirt

Post by Coder »

https://www.commission.nyc/?activeProdu ... se-skirt-1

What's so wrong with spending a major portion of your paycheck on some clothes (we really need a sarcasm tag)? I am intrigued how straight the top portion of the skirt is, though. Looks like it would fit well on more rectangular frames. Speaking of which, if you browse through their site they model that skirt on men, hence the post.

I actually like this combo:

https://www.commission.nyc/?activeProduct=coach-bomber

These prices are insane for these items though.
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Commission Roadhouse Skirt

Post by john62 »

Why do all the pullovers have such long sleeves? Am I missing something?

John
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

john62 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:07 am Why do all the pullovers have such long sleeves? Am I missing something?
I noticed that too, not sure. As someone with long arms, though, that attention to detail is appreciated.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I am pleased they dropped the price but not enough to stop the jaw dropping.
Yes, I saw the men in skirts too, and one wasn't actually promoting the skirt but a pink top. Good to see included though.
john62 wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:07 am Why do all the pullovers have such long sleeves? Am I missing something?
A few possibilities:
  • There was talk about "knuckle draggers" in another thread.
  • COVID safe, stop you shaking hands. Also makes coughing into your hand as good as coughing into your elbow.
  • Makes it possible to hot wash as with shrinkage it will still cover your arms.
Coder wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:06 amI noticed that too, not sure. As someone with long arms, though, that attention to detail is appreciated.
I took another look at your pics .......... no, your arms are not that long.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

denimini wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:28 am I am pleased they dropped the price but not enough to stop the jaw dropping.
Yes, I saw the men in skirts too, and one wasn't actually promoting the skirt but a pink top. Good to see included though.
A few possibilities:
  • There was talk about "knuckle draggers" in another thread.
  • COVID safe, stop you shaking hands. Also makes coughing into your hand as good as coughing into your elbow.
  • Makes it possible to hot wash as with shrinkage it will still cover your arms.
Coder wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:06 amI noticed that too, not sure. As someone with long arms, though, that attention to detail is appreciated.
I took another look at your pics .......... no, your arms are not that long.
I really like the styles but not so sure if they would suit me. Those prices are outrageous. Are they aiming the clothes at celebs?

Are the long sleeves to give a child like impression eg wearing your mum/dads jumper?
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

That definitely looks like "no curves allowed" with the high waist and straight drop.