Have you still got your first skirt?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
SkaterSkirtWearer

Re: Have you still got your first skirt?

Post by SkaterSkirtWearer »

I still do, a H&M Basics Black Mini Skirt, have recently reorganised my clothes storage as part of a bedroom refurbishment and still have all the skirts I have purchased (most are secondhand off eBay). Found I had hundreds of pairs of jeans which many have gone due to them being damaged or worn out.
SkirtedWalker

Post by SkirtedWalker »

Yes, Sport Kilt Hiker, Pacific Blue, Feb 2012. Still have and wear occasionally. As for first skirt, it was probably the ASICS Women's Field Skirt, in royal and blue. I do not have that. Wore it a few times on early morning walks, but it was only 13.5” from waistband to hem. The oldest skirt I still have is a Purple Rain Skirt purchased in 2014 via Etsy, before Ms. Bland had her store going. Her skirt design remains my favorite, and I wear one nearly daily.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

SkaterSkirtWearer wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:47 am ... I had hundreds of pairs of jeans ....
How!? How does anyone have that many pairs of pants, much less jeans alone! I don't have half that many skirts, kilts, pairs of pants, and shorts combined! And my closet is stuffed!
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Indeed. How to ruin the environment.
skirtedbrit
Distinguished Member

Post by skirtedbrit »

Yes, from 15 years ago, a corduroy 'deck skirt' from a yacht supply company. Still in regular use and I bought 2 more as they were closing down. Really good for cold/cool weather hillwalking. All 3 were dirt cheap (£6/8) and will last forever.
SkaterSkirtWearer

Post by SkaterSkirtWearer »

Dust wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:44 am
SkaterSkirtWearer wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:47 am ... I had hundreds of pairs of jeans ....
How!? How does anyone have that many pairs of pants, much less jeans alone! I don't have half that many skirts, kilts, pairs of pants, and shorts combined! And my closet is stuffed!
The drawers were stuffed full but now have a lot more space, have sent the jeans off to the local clothes bank thing for recycling, still have a fair few and wear them mostly to fit in with others (must try harder to wear my skirts more as jeans can get very uncomfortable).
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

I do still have my first skirt and my second skirt. Some I look back on squirm.
Anyway here is the first:
Screenshot_20230309_175431_Files by Google.jpg
Then bought this one (I don't wear much anymore but it's not that bad)
Screenshot_20230309_175640_Files by Google~2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
skirtpettiman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtpettiman »

This is mine: a denim pencil skirt from the now defunct British Home Stores. I don't wear it any more as I prefer slightly longer slightly A-line denim skirts.
26-05-16_0002.jpg
26-05-16_0003.jpg
26-05-16_0004.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.