Guide to finding your skirt size

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Fear i Sciorta Dubh

Guide to finding your skirt size

Post by Fear i Sciorta Dubh »

Came across this guide to finding your skirt size on the musthaveskirts website (link below)

https://musthaveskirts.com/blogs/news/h ... ing-online

Interestingly it allows for the possibility of men wanting to buy a skirt

FINDING YOUR SKIRT SIZE

Finding your skirt size is simple, once you have your size chart to refer you and your measuring tape it’s an easy process. To measure skirts, you need to measure your waist, hips and the length from your waist to below or above your knee. Both men and women can employ this method. At , we provide all the metric measurements in our size charts so that you can easily find your size range!

For example, if you want to get , it comes in sizes Small (S) to Extra Large (XL). If you don’t know your range, measure your waist and refer to our size chart. If you measured 65cm or 25.6in, you’re a size small in this style! Then you can select S (small) and add to cart. Wasn’t that easy? If your hips are wider even though your waist measurement lines up within the small range then you can go a size up for a better fit. Men wishing to purchase a skirt may also have to pay attention to length to determine the ideal size.
ScotL
Chatbot

Re: Guide to finding your skirt size

Post by ScotL »

That last sentence is wonderful. Likely placed there as an after thought but still, I can’t imagine that line being there years ago
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Yes, good to see the reference to men.
Simple ............ for one particular style, but becomes more complicated with different skirt styles, brands and to be worn high waisted ot low waisted. Basically you need actual measurements.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
quasisp571

Post by quasisp571 »

For me, I did the research, and it turns out my 32-34" waist translates to a size 12-14.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Sizing can be at times arbitrary, especially when it comes to styles. Skirts with fitted waists can be tricky, regardless of size while elastic waistbands are often easier to work with. At present, I wear a size 12, but have comfortably worn a 10, it all depends on the style and the fabric, stretchy stuff works well while fitted styles don’t. The key is keeping track of your measurements and having that information handy when you go shopping.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
familyman34
Distinguished Member

Post by familyman34 »

quasisp571 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:39 am For me, I did the research, and it turns out my 32-34" waist translates to a size 12-14.
And remember that US sizes are usually 4 units lower than AUS/IRL/UK sizes (i.e. for an equivalent to a AUS/IRL/UK 16 try a US 12.)

Other sizing systems are also available (as the BBC would say) - take a look at https://www.marksandspencer.com/c/size-guides , especially the table of equivalents near the bottom of the page.
Familyman34