Will skirts for men finally catch on in Generation Z?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Will skirts for men finally catch on in Generation Z?

Post by Barleymower »

ScotL wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:10 pm
Barleymower wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:25 am
ScotL wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:46 am

Here’s the “funny” thing about sanctioned news sources. People always claim the media is false yet to prove that, you’d have to know the truth. And unless you can be everywhere at once, you can’t independently sanction each news story. So you have to get the informations from, wait for it, the media. Ever wonder why the “sanctioned news sources” are the exact news sources that state things you don’t want to believe?

That’s actually a proven thing from the University of Michigan I think. People only trust news sources that state an already held position. In other words, news sources that provide information that runs counter to what you already believe are called untrustworthy.

No one likes to hear the truth when it contradicts what you believe. We’d rather kill the messenger than contemplate the truth.
The facts presented on sanctioned news outlets is true. It is true, biased and exaggerated towards a particular view point. Other equally important news is omitted. The pandemic was a very good example. Covid 24/7.
Here’s the funny thing about your viewpoint. You suggest “other equally important news” is omitted. Yet you somehow know this “other equally important news”. How is that? How are you the ONLY one of all of us who know this “other equally important news” that has been omitted. Ever wonder how you and the many others who scream the real news isn’t being stated are the only ones to know it?

Somehow this “other equally important news” is omitted to all but you.

Is it possible you just don’t like the truth as it is and are wishing for an alternative? Like we all were hoping for an alternative to such a horrible event. “The pandemic was a very good example. Covid 24/7.”
Screaming? where do you get that from? I don't recall screaming anything.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

pelmut wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:19 pm
ScotL wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:13 pm
pelmut wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:20 pm
Not necessarily.  If a news story reports 500,000 deaths from Covid on the Isle of Wight, and the total population of the IoW is 150,000 you know the story is false.  You don't have to investigate every single death or even know the truth about the actual death toll to prove it.  Similarly many other 'news' stories can be reasonably assumed to be false, or attempting to create a false impression, by anyone with a little bit of basic background knowledge.
When did 500,000 deaths from COVID get reported in the Isle of Wight by the health department? ...
Please note the word "if" which I have emboldened in the quote.
So if I get this right, you made up a fake news story to show proof that fake news exists? Wow! That’s the most apropos self fulfilling prophecy ever that so perfectly describes the current state of today’s world. So beautifully ironic that you did that! Thank you! Im being serious here, I love just such witticisms. You made my day
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Barleymower wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:29 pm
ScotL wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:10 pm
Barleymower wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:25 am

The facts presented on sanctioned news outlets is true. It is true, biased and exaggerated towards a particular view point. Other equally important news is omitted. The pandemic was a very good example. Covid 24/7.
Here’s the funny thing about your viewpoint. You suggest “other equally important news” is omitted. Yet you somehow know this “other equally important news”. How is that? How are you the ONLY one of all of us who know this “other equally important news” that has been omitted. Ever wonder how you and the many others who scream the real news isn’t being stated are the only ones to know it?

Somehow this “other equally important news” is omitted to all but you.

Is it possible you just don’t like the truth as it is and are wishing for an alternative? Like we all were hoping for an alternative to such a horrible event. “The pandemic was a very good example. Covid 24/7.”
Screaming? where do you get that from? I don't recall screaming anything.
It’s called poetic license.