Snider Morning Glory & Fence Skirts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Snider Morning Glory & Fence Skirts

Post by Coder »

https://www.wolfandbadger.com/us/morning-glory-skirt/

https://www.wolfandbadger.com/us/fence-skirt/

I've posted this brand before, this came up today in a google search. I found their marketing copy interesting:
Our best-selling men’s skirt is back and better than ever.
Interesting - wonder how true this is? I don't know how many of these they need to sell for it to be "best-selling". 5? 10? And while the profit margin on these must be astronomical, I find it a good sign that they evidently "brought them back".
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Snider Morning Glory & Fence Skirts

Post by Coder »

FWIW, I am, though, a bit confused. They labeled two different skirt models as their best selling... so which one is it :lol:?
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Coder wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:20 am FWIW, I am, though, a bit confused. They labeled two different skirt models as their best selling... so which one is it :lol:?
"Best Selling", each in a category of one so it really isn't too difficult.
More surprising that they sold any at all, ugly is my non-humble opinion.
This looks like way more fun to wear and cheaper too,
May not be a "best seller" though.
https://www.wolfandbadger.com/us/penelo ... idi-skirt/
Just don't have my size, pity really.
Steve.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Never seen that brand/store before!
I really like this tux inspired combo....I would wear that one for sure.

Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

STEVIE wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:09 am This looks like way more fun to wear and cheaper too,
May not be a "best seller" though.
https://www.wolfandbadger.com/us/penelo ... idi-skirt/
Just don't have my size, pity really.
That would be fun to wear, but a bit pricey. I wonder if one of the cheap retailers has something like that.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Coder wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:18 am https://www.wolfandbadger.com/us/morning-glory-skirt/

https://www.wolfandbadger.com/us/fence-skirt/

I've posted this brand before, this came up today in a google search. I found their marketing copy interesting:
Our best-selling men’s skirt is back and better than ever.
Interesting - wonder how true this is? I don't know how many of these they need to sell for it to be "best-selling". 5? 10? And while the profit margin on these must be astronomical, I find it a good sign that they evidently "brought them back".
I think you answered your own question with your suspicions. It’s all marketing which is another word for creative lying.

But I don’t care because 1) all marketers walk that line of lying and stretched truth and 2) it gives an impression we all want others to know. That is, men wear skirts.

Both May very well be their best selling men’s skirts. Are there other men’s skirts on the site? Did both sell out all five prototypes that bought? Did they just receive ten more of each? Remember the line there are lies, damn lies and statistics! Haha.

They both also look fairly similar. I like the linen Look to skirts for men. Has a decidedly male look. I got a linen kilt from Vilnius and it’s remarkable in how it resembles a kilt but looks masculine and yet not hokey like it’s from a bad kitschy tourist shop. They only thing that looks not great to me is the probably lack of flair as in unable to move freely. Seems to tight at the bottom.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

$425? For a men's skirt? Kill that noise! I'll just go to any department store and shop in the women's section for whatever I need. Hell of a lot easier, cheaper too!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

JeffB1959 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:02 pm $425? For a men's skirt? Kill that noise! I'll just go to any department store and shop in the women's section for whatever I need. Hell of a lot easier, cheaper too!
I really agree Jeff, but you really have to remember that to some retailers, man + skirt=>$$$£££.
Exploiting insecure people for profit is comparable to relieving a baby of it's candy, sadly nothing new either.
What's more, it dissuades a lot of guys from actually trying out skirts on the cost factor alone.
The rest of us know the score and omit browsing the menswear sections in favour of the ladies'.
To kill it completely, it is also pug ugly.
Just my opinion you understand.
Steve.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

STEVIE wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:47 pm
JeffB1959 wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:02 pm $425? For a men's skirt? Kill that noise! I'll just go to any department store and shop in the women's section for whatever I need. Hell of a lot easier, cheaper too!
I really agree Jeff, but you really have to remember that to some retailers, man + skirt=>$$$£££.
Exploiting insecure people for profit is comparable to relieving a baby of it's candy, sadly nothing new either.
What's more, it dissuades a lot of guys from actually trying out skirts on the cost factor alone.
The rest of us know the score and omit browsing the menswear sections in favour of the ladies'.
To kill it completely, it is also pug ugly.
Just my opinion you understand.
Steve.
And of course, my point in highlighting these articles of clothing is not to suggest anyone here buys one - I'll leave that up to one's taste and income level - but rather that they do exist, their numbers are increasing, and sometimes for a laugh if the skirts are especially hideous.

As for Man+Skirt = $$$$, that designer label appears to be an equal-opportunity offender - their women's skirts are just as expensive, just slightly nicer looking. Though usually it does mean more money.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Coder wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:46 pm As for Man+Skirt = $$$$, that designer label appears to be an equal-opportunity offender - their women's skirts are just as expensive, just slightly nicer looking. Though usually it does mean more money.
Coder,
You do a very good job highlighting this stuff, so keep em coming please.
The one I picked out costs $295, so a bit more bang for the buck.
Like Jeff said go to a department store and pick up a skirt skirt for a hell of a lot less too.
Another retail ploy is to deliberately exaggerate the price points for "aspirational" appeal and it works too.
Fools and money etc.
Steve.