Skirtcraft Tellurian Skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Skirtcraft Tellurian Skirt

Post by Coder »

Saw this posted on Reddit:

https://skirtcraft.com/blog-posts/the-t ... oming-soon

Looks like they are going to be taking preorders soonish, they haven't posted colors or any other details, but I am glad to see them expand to another design.
finrod
Distinguished Member

Re: Skirtcraft Tellurian Skirt

Post by finrod »

Thanks for posting this, Coder. :)

Most of the info I have right now is in the linked post. Most likely the initial colors for this wrap skirt will be black and one other - possibly the "natural" color that's shown in the photos. Once I have more details, timeline, ordering info, etc, I'll be sure to share it here.

Feedback is welcome!

- Joe (Skirtcraft)
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

finrod wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:09 am Most of the info I have right now is in the linked post. Most likely the initial colors for this wrap skirt will be black and one other - possibly the "natural" color that's shown in the photos. Once I have more details, timeline, ordering info, etc, I'll be sure to share it here.
Will the natural be dyeable (ie, RIT dye)? The thought crossed my mind, but I doubt I'd go to that kind of effort.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

That's awesome! 8)
finrod
Distinguished Member

Post by finrod »

Coder wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:16 am Will the natural be dyeable (ie, RIT dye)? The thought crossed my mind, but I doubt I'd go to that kind of effort.
I think so, yes!
trainspotter48
Member Extraordinaire

Post by trainspotter48 »

Like others on this forum, I like the concept and designs, but can't consider placing an order because of the size range. I admit to verging on the enormous at 6'2" tall and 48 - 50" waist, but would appreciate some degree of catering for those of us on the larger size, even if a premium is charged.
finrod
Distinguished Member

Post by finrod »

trainspotter48 wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:35 pm Like others on this forum, I like the concept and designs, but can't consider placing an order because of the size range. I admit to verging on the enormous at 6'2" tall and 48 - 50" waist, but would appreciate some degree of catering for those of us on the larger size, even if a premium is charged.
Thanks for sharing your perspective. Based in part on your and others' feedback, I'm now planning on a waist size range of 26-52" (66-132 cm) for this product. It's not final but I sent my grading specs to the factory today based on that range.

It might be a little short for you at 6'2". I'm 6'0" and the length is good for me, but my legs are on the short side relative to my height.
Regular Guy

Post by Regular Guy »

Hi Joe. I am happy to see you offer an addition to the Skirtcraft line. Is the 26-52 inch range come in the same skirt. If so, wow that's quite a range.

Also, from the photographs I have seen of the skirt, it appears that the material may be on the ‘stiff’ side. I was hoping for a material that would have some ‘swing’ to it. The Aqueous has a nice outer fabric. I just hope it has some fluidness and swing vs a stiffer and more wrinkle prone material.

All that aside, thanks for the effort to bring another idea to fruition. Nice job!!!!

RG
Just a ......‘Regular Guy’ .......Kilted or Skirted
Layne

Post by Layne »

Really looking forward to this product release. Absolutely love my unaligned skirt and can’t wait to add this one to my closet as well.
finrod
Distinguished Member

Post by finrod »

Regular Guy wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 3:57 am Hi Joe. I am happy to see you offer an addition to the Skirtcraft line. Is the 26-52 inch range come in the same skirt. If so, wow that's quite a range.

Also, from the photographs I have seen of the skirt, it appears that the material may be on the ‘stiff’ side. I was hoping for a material that would have some ‘swing’ to it. The Aqueous has a nice outer fabric. I just hope it has some fluidness and swing vs a stiffer and more wrinkle prone material.

All that aside, thanks for the effort to bring another idea to fruition. Nice job!!!!

RG
Hey RG, thanks very much!

It's five sizes spanning that range. The adjustable/wrap aspect makes it possible for one size to cover more range, but it can only so far because of the fixed positions of the pockets and belt loops.

I would say the fabric is ... moderately stiff? Less so than a denim skirt, since both are cotton twills but this fabric is 7 oz/yd (237 gsm) while mid-weight denim is 12-16 (the Skirtcraft Unaligned is 9.5). But less drapey than the Aqueous which contains rayon. Here's a short video in case you haven't seen it yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrQXiZVPCEQ The video may make it seem a little stiffer than reality, since I'm moving a little stiffly, and since the skirt in the video hasn't been washed yet, which will soften it.

Joe
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

finrod wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:32 amIt's five sizes spanning that range. The adjustable/wrap aspect makes it possible for one size to cover more range, but it can only so far because of the fixed positions of the pockets and belt loops.
<snip>
Here's a short video in case you haven't seen it yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrQXiZVPCEQ
The video may make it seem a little stiffer than reality, since I'm moving a little stiffly, and since the
skirt in the video hasn't been washed yet, which will soften it.

Joe
I really like it :D
How far does the "Under-Apron" go :?:
Do you have good 'coverage' when sitting, especially for a 46-48 inch waist :?:

Curious minds want to know ;)

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

finrod wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:32 am I would say the fabric is ... moderately stiff? Less so than a denim skirt, since both are cotton twills but this fabric is 7 oz/yd (237 gsm) while mid-weight denim is 12-16 (the Skirtcraft Unaligned is 9.5).
That sounds just about perfect to me, a little lighter weight than the Unaligned. Looking forward to it!
finrod
Distinguished Member

Post by finrod »

Uncle Al wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:27 pm I really like it :D
How far does the "Under-Apron" go :?:
Do you have good 'coverage' when sitting, especially for a 46-48 inch waist :?:

Curious minds want to know ;)

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Thanks Al! The "underlapping" part extends roughly to the wearer's leftmost point, so coverage should be good. :D It's the same for any size; there's just a little variation depending on whether one is toward the lower or higher end of that size's range.
FrostedTheFlake

Post by FrostedTheFlake »

finrod wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:05 pm It might be a little short for you at 6'2". I'm 6'0" and the length is good for me, but my legs are on the short side relative to my height.
What is the actual length? I’m 5’11”, but short-waisted.

Anyway, I’m really looking forward to this release!
floatingmetal

Post by floatingmetal »

Having supported and got the previous two, I'm looking forward to getting one of these as well. The waist adjustability will help quite a bit at the moment!