Étalon Men's skirt/short

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Étalon Men's skirt/short

Post by STEVIE »

The left/right apron opening is the only essential difference between a kilt and a skirt.
The rest is simply attitude and of course price.
Still easier to not give a damn, save the angst and money too.
Steve.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

It's a step forward, it's a skirt like garment for men.
I agree like alot of us here.
Don't care for the price. Don't care for the style.
But again it's geared towards men so that's a start.

If it's what it takes it's what it takes to get men on board.

If men's skirt shorts, skirts scooters, kilt s what ever you want to call the start to take off.
Eventually the new concept shock will wear off.

People will stop caring in a sense.

I own skirts and skorts so I probably have a better eye for detecting a woman wearing a skort in public than 95 percent of the people in the world.
Unless you can see the under short you can never be 100 percent certain.

And it's not like I'm going to take a peek or ask her if she's wearing a skort

If enough men buy these men's skort ish creations.
People will just start to see a man in a skortish garment.
It's highly likely people will NOT care enough to chase you down to ask. sir are you wearing a real skirt and not a man skort? At the end of the day does it really matter if it has a inseam or not? We cafeyers prefer the inseam free sector.
While we might not wear it. For some one else it might be what they like.
It's their choice and what is comfortable to them. Eventually they might discover skirts because of it.
As long as it's not vulgar what's wrong with it.

My closet is going to always contain a mix of skirts, skorts, kilts, shorts, trousers.
Although I do hope some day the trousers will be in the least category
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

Not for me. BUT I had been wearing shorts all through the long hot summer and mild autumn into town and for the twice weekly supermarket trip. This past two weeks I have been wearing my Midas Jeans Skirt out and about and for the twice weekly grocery shop. Met a lot of people around town whom I already know and not a single comment on the skirt. Perhaps they assume it is worn over shorts like a waiter's apron or for extra warmth. Nobody's business to know whether the wearer has chosen to wear shorts underneath. Indeed the first time I ever wore a kilt I wore it over shorts. I soon realised it was OK to dispense with the shorts.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

cessna152towser wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:32 pm Indeed the first time I ever wore a kilt I wore it over shorts. I soon realised it was OK to dispense with the shorts.
This! Wearing a kilt over shorts shows just how necessary doing it at your speed is. looking back at my first kilt, a $40 dollar Amazon special, I should’ve worn it over shorts. I remember feeling way exposed and way more uncomfortable than I should’ve. Though I have no idea what is an expected level of stress for a guy wearing a skirt for the first time
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Perhaps a fellow would like to wear shorts to the office during summer. But he is expected to wear something at least semi-formal. So he creates a sort of quasi-skirt suit. Above the waist he wears a waistcoat but no jacket. Below the waist-the skirt thingie looks more formal than the shorts underneath.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

My last post was lame. The shorts are a crutch.

During the 1850s, the early Bloomer rig was a skirt over harem pants. When Bloomers were revived during the 1890s, the skirt was dispensed with.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Occurred to me that someone might coordinate Bermuda shorts with a short skirt. Maybe turn the rig into a hybrid short/skirt suit.

People might get a glimpse of the short legs peeking out under the skirt.
KurtC

Post by KurtC »

I think it is very good looking both for formal and casual occasions. Personally I love pleated skirts and kilts on anyone. Seems like a practical piece of clothing that most people would be ok with a guy wearing.

THUMBS UP I SAY!