man-skirt in amazon

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: man-skirt in amazon

Post by Grok »

Yes, Stevie, profit. I can imagine a single product-a single design-gaining traction. Perhaps there might be sufficient demand for one small company to make a profit.

I am thinking of a denim skirt with excellent pockets. But not inspired by traditional kilts.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Grok wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:26 pmI am thinking of a denim skirt with excellent pockets. But not inspired by traditional kilts.
Oh, please, dear gods, please do not make it denim! That cancer has already overwhelmed the West. We do not need any more of it!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

Sinned wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:30 pm So the "original" is 125 euros and the Amazon version £20. The Amazon one must be a Chinese knock-off then. Actually, I would wear it but only either the blue or white one which look more stylish than the other two.
I have the Hiatus one in black and the Incerun in white (though my wife doesn't like me in the white...). The Hiatus is rather better made, and of a pleasanter fabric. I like to wear it for parties.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: tough man skirt

Post by Grok »

Anyway, this topic was discussed awhile back, and there was a consensus that the next garment that will gain traction will be that tough man skirt, in dull colors etc. What I overlooked was that sort of thing was more or less already here, with utility kilts appearing about twenty years ago. I believe that I focused too much on "kilt" rather than these being work/utility garments.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

So, in an early phase we got those work/utility garments. What came after? Next phase-we got a few designs for athletic/outdoors activities, such as Running Kilts and Purple Rain Skirts. These sort of designs may be commercially viable as niche products.

So to summarize the progression of MIS:

1. Work/utility garments.

2. Athletic/outdoor-activity garments.

What comes next? I can only speculate.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Grok wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 5:56 pm So, in an early phase we got those work/utility garments. What came after? Next phase-we got a few designs for athletic/outdoors activities, such as Running Kilts and Purple Rain Skirts. These sort of designs may be commercially viable as niche products.

Though not a direct progression, on celebrities we've seen formal style skirts - think Thom Browne skirt suit. There's also what Taika Waititi wore whilst hosting an awards ceremony. And numerous others.
Last edited by Coder on Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Good point, Coder! :D
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by Coder » Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:13 pm

Grok wrote: ↑Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:56 am
So, in an early phase we got those work/utility garments. What came after? Next phase-we got a few designs for athletic/outdoors activities, such as Running Kilts and Purple Rain Skirts. These sort of designs may be commercially viable as niche products.

Though not a direct progression, on celebrities we've seen formal style skirts - think Thom Browne skirt suit. There's also what Taika Waititi wore whilst hosting an awards ceremony. And numerous others.
I guess I've got to concede 'progression' is possible; yesterday I went from my most utility skirt like grub around the shop falda (long black on right) to a dash more color (on the left) for a casual dinner out last night..... so -- let's push them biker leather mono-tubes! :D

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ripA6qeMW6R5dyQ38
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

It's as big a step away from a kilt as you can expect a manufacturer to take (other than plain denim, of course) I'm pleasantly surprised that only 2 of the 4 colours are drab. The blue is a fairly bright shade; I like it and that's the colour I'd go for if I was buying. Overall, a pretty good piece.

I see it has a couple of reviews on Amazon. The longer one is quite complimentary. The quality seems not to be the best, but you get what you pay for.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

2. Athletic/outdoor-activity skirts. Well, I can say that we have experimentation along these lines. However, It remains to be seen if these skirts will stand the test of time. I can imagine an alternative future in which skorts gain traction.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

Grok wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:56 am I can imagine an alternative future in which skorts gain traction.
I hope so. There are some sports where a skort would be a definite improvement. Tour de France for example, or jogging. Some of those compression shorts leave little to the imagination.