man-skirt in amazon

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

man-skirt in amazon

Post by skirtingtoday »

Not ssure of this has been posted before. Anyone seen it anyway?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/ENENEN-Pleated ... 6920&psc=1
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: man-skirt in amazon

Post by r.m.anderson »

Pardon me - but another piece of fashion crap - something imitating a skirt - look a like - UGH - Bam Hum Bug !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi ST,

Errrm,
Did you read the description?
ENENEN Men's Pleated Skirt Pocket Skirt Fashion Vintage Medieval Battle Skirt Men's Solid Color Samurai Skirt
"Scottish holiday skirt men's checkered pleated skirt
flax
Polyester
Machine Wash
Fastening: Buckle
Relaxed
Short skirt
Occasion: Plaid pleated skirt is suitable for any special occasion or daily wear.
Design: Highly modern design-Our short skirts are designed with deep folds and attractive oblique waist, with 2 leather shoulder straps and buckle closure."

Trades Descriptions and Consumer Protection folks could have a field day with that one.
It also bears a "passing" resemblance to the Adidas gender neutral/unisex doodah.
It is, however, a skirt which has allegedly been designed for a guy so some could argue that it is helping to change societal attitudes.
I'd wear it actually, but I wouldn't chance pointing out the "Samurai Battle Dress" claims to Japanese friends.
Take the po faced pedantics out of the equation and at £20, cheap enough to have some fun with.
It has Secret Santa potential right away and at a push, the most thoughtful gift that some boys could actually receive.
Steve.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

As much as I hate to say it, it might actually bring some "men" into the fold -- but why the heck does every 'man' skirt have to look like a biker in a skirt -- dull colors, heavy uncomfortable fabrics and style that seeks to emphasize "tough" -- not the opening up of men to "feeling" anything but the same rut they are in save the lack of two leg holes.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Faldaguy wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:34 am As much as I hate to say it, it might actually bring some "men" into the fold -- but why the heck does every 'man' skirt have to look like a biker in a skirt -- dull colors, heavy uncomfortable fabrics and style that seeks to emphasize "tough" -- not the opening up of men to "feeling" anything but the same rut they are in save the lack of two leg holes.
No argument from me on that score Faldaguy.
In another sense it is also good for the more optimistic of the Cafe patrons.
Hell, I should be getting commission for helping to sell it,
Steve.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Faldaguy wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:34 am As much as I hate to say it, it might actually bring some "men" into the fold -- but why the heck does every 'man' skirt have to look like a biker in a skirt -- dull colors, heavy uncomfortable fabrics and style that seeks to emphasize "tough" -- not the opening up of men to "feeling" anything but the same rut they are in save the lack of two leg holes.
Oh, I think most of us here know the answer to that question all too well...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

moonshadow wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:44 am
Oh, I think most of us here know the answer to that question all too well...
That too, and sadly, many also believe it is the only way forward.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

This skirt is a clone of one from Incerun as well as a British company that I cannot recall. I have the Incerun version and am happy with it.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

So the "original" is 125 euros and the Amazon version £20. The Amazon one must be a Chinese knock-off then. Actually, I would wear it but only either the blue or white one which look more stylish than the other two.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Faldaguy's comment

Post by Grok »

It just occurred to me that we have been discussing a specific niche-that is already occupied by utility kilts.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Faldaguy's comment

Post by STEVIE »

Grok wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:29 pm It just occurred to me that we have been discussing a specific niche-that is already occupied by utility kilts.
I can't see any resemblance to a UK design Grok, but the product "description" doesn't tally with the photos either.
At £20, it is certainly a "knock-off" of some sort but as long as you don't expect comparable quality, no great loss either.
You get what you pay for, no more.
Steve.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Elaborating on my last post...as has been discussed before.... Besides the already existing utility kilts, I believe that the most likely candidate that could succeed in this niche would be a denim skirt. By succeed, perhaps one design could gain traction and actually show a profit.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Grok wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:49 pm By succeed, perhaps one design could gain traction and actually show a profit.
Yes, Grok and the operative word here is profit.
Nothing will follow until the money leads.
Steve.