Alternate names for a men's skirt - but make it corny/awful

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Alternate names for a men's skirt - but make it corny/awful

Post by STEVIE »

Coder wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:59 pm You know in some parallel universe they are already called this, and the men in that universe are fighting to wear stnap.
.....and the women are holding onto the s'bard.
Steve
degs62

Post by degs62 »

Unishorts is my favourite.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

degs62 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:38 am Unishorts is my favourite.
Perhaps unishort as it doesn't come as a pair.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Whether it is a skirt or skirts it is the same one hole construction - - -
Now as for pants - it is the basic twin hole construction - one does not go out in a pant with one hole construction unless that one hole is large enough for the entire waist ?
But what is this a pant with one hole construction is that not a skirt (or dress by some other convention) ?
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

I was at the shore with my wife’s family this past summer. My sister in law says to me. “What are those, crotchless shorts?”

I was wearing a purple rain skirt with a snap on the bottom. 🤪
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

photoguy207 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:56 am I was at the shore with my wife’s family this past summer. My sister in law says to me. “What are those, crotchless shorts?”

That’s awesome! After you said that, did she have any other comments about the “crotchless” shorts?
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

photoguy207 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:56 am I was at the shore with my wife’s family this past summer. My sister in law says to me. “What are those, crotchless shorts?”

I bought one of those a few years ago as a first step into skirt-wearing, thinking it would be a discreet gateway garment for the beginner. But in practice the centre fastening always looked awkward to me, and I found I much preferred it in plain wrap-around mode.
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

geron wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:52 am I bought one of those a few years ago as a first step into skirt-wearing, thinking it would be a discreet gateway garment for the beginner. But in practice the centre fastening always looked awkward to me, and I found I much preferred it in plain wrap-around mode.
I bought the kilt first but then I ended up buying and really liking the regular skirts. They put a modesty snap (same type of snap as the kilts) in the middle of the bottom of the skirt and they look like shorts to most people. I have worn these things everywhere. That is what my sister in law called crotchless shorts. The kilt looks better without the snaps done.
ScotL wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:34 pm That’s awesome! After you said that, did she have any other comments about the “crotchless” shorts?
It was a great opening, I know! But I changed the subject or didn't reply. She is the type to ask tons of questions and why! So I didn't need a potential line of questioning in front of lots of people while waiting to go on a tour boat. Now my other sister in law who is an artist said something about my lighthearted skirt I had snapped in the front a few weeks earlier and I showed her the snap on it and sent her the link to get them since she likes to hike, she had no problem with me wearing it. I called it a kilt.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

photoguy207 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:04 pm
It was a great opening, I know! But I changed the subject or didn't reply. She is the type to ask tons of questions and why! So I didn't need a potential line of questioning in front of lots of people while waiting to go on a tour boat. Now my other sister in law who is an artist said something about my lighthearted skirt I had snapped in the front a few weeks earlier and I showed her the snap on it and sent her the link to get them since she likes to hike, she had no problem with me wearing it. I called it a kilt.
We had people over last night and I was wearing a black/gray hiking sports kilt. These are close friends who’ve seen me in a kilt before. There was some talk and I was asked about my outfit. I wore a linen shirt, gray socks and black adidas soccer shoes. My wife didn’t like the show combo but they all liked the linen top. I could have used it as a great opening as well. To ask more about how to style such a combo, but didn’t. Oh well. It was a great night.

Lightheart gear skirts (er kilts!) are great. I have worn them out a bit but usually snapped. Did wear one in a foreign city all day. So comfortable for hiking. Love the fact that these skirts/hikingkilts never restrict movement like shorts or pants do