Undercover pleated skirt shorts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Undercover pleated skirt shorts

Post by Coder »

Ran across this by accident. Horrendously expensive - but I do think this is a style that could catch on for the early-adopter:

https://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/u ... reid=10125

They call them "pleated skirt shorts", which is very :lol: because they look like a skort, so why not call them one? I wonder if they think (rich) men will buy them because of the word "short" in it.

They also have a tartan "pleated skirt shorts" - and it was their "kilt" that I had seen while looking for a particular tartan:

https://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/u ... oreid=9918

The structure/design looks like a longer version of their "skirt shorts".
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Undercover pleated skirt shorts

Post by FLbreezy »

My eyes are rolling so hard I think I can see my brain. :lol:
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Insane pricing - !!!
Pleated Short Skirt - $893
Tartan Wool Kilt - $1056

For those prices one could buy a whole rack of functional skirted wear !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

Besides the price being crazy, If u look at other things they sell from men's to women's and kids all their prices are out to lunch.
This is prob with these high-end places, The average person is not going to shop there.
As for how well it's made, who knows you're paying for that label.

But u could have skirt made to fit for a lot less for a local tailor or seamstress
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

I think it’s a status symbol - right? If one can afford those prices, then why shop at a “commoner’s store”? When you get asked and casually mention the brand, you know your “friends” from the club will check it out, and realize you are well off due to the price.

I see price as a sliding scale tied to quality, but not a guaranteed one. The pricer something is, you would assume, the quality, fabrics, workmanship go up. I’ve purchased $300 skirts for $10/15/20 off second hand clothing sites, and there is a difference from budget brands - some of that difference is the appreciation of how expensive the item was originally. Some of it is construction - straight stitches, linings, thicker fabrics, embellishments (embroidery, selvage edges), unique details (how it fastens, buttons), better zippers, and so on.

Compared to the adidas skirt, for example, this is probably far better constructed, will last longer and hold up better. But is it worth more than say, $150 (high end what you’d pay for a custom skirt off Etsy)? Nope. It’s only use is a status symbol, if you are in need of that type of validation.