Is this a gender neutral skirt?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Is this a gender neutral skirt?

Post by GerdG »

I have bought the Adidas genderless skirt. It was not available in any of the three Adidas stores and therefore I ordered it online directly from Adidas but chose to have it delivered to one of the stores. I wanted to see how the Adidas people reacted when a man actually fetched the skirt.

Three days later I got a message that it had been delivered to the store and I drove off to get it, dressed in pants.

A young sales lady studied my phone with the code and asked me politely if wanted to try on the skirt in the store before buying it?

I said I probably should be able to find out when seeing it, to which she answered that she should be back within 2-3 minutes.

As promised, she was and she held the skirt up, so that I could see it.

“It is a very nice skirt, I think”, she said “and I’m sure it shall fit you.”

I told her that I liked it too, and that I should like to buy it.

Like already said here, it is a wrap skirt and adjustable in waist size. And Large means Large in men’s sizes. It is asymmetrically pleated, meaning on the right side and half of the back, and it has two slide pockets deep enough for a big smart phone.

I must say that I’m most satisfied with this Adidas skirt. As a first-time buyer I got a 20% discount, making the price equalize £45.

GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Looks good GerdG!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Looks really good but out of my price range, I'm afraid.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Yeah Gerd,
It looks fine except I hope you don't mind a wee point.
It looks like it could benefit from a good iron.
Pleats can be a pain in the ass to press but they always look better when they are sharp and flat.
The problem can be that the fabric may not be conducive or just me being picky too.
One thing, it is certainly a skirt and gender neutral too, I could wear it no problem.
It would not raise the slightest comment in my office anyway.
Steve.
PS did you try it on in-store or take it home?
chilpaul

Post by chilpaul »

Sinned wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:06 am Looks really good but out of my price range, I'm afraid.
I have just ordered one of these via the Addidas app, currently on offer with 30% Off, came up as £37.10 after adding the promo code given to new customers, free UK delivery to a pick up point near you or your home address
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Still outside my price range. Don't misunderstand me but I have amassed a rail-full of over 100 skirts of all colours, lengths and styles so I have no need to spend so much even though I could well afford it. To me most skirts are gender neutral so this pleated effort will more than do, to use a Tyke expression.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

I ordered this skirt (with the discount) and I agree it's very nice. However, I made the mistake of looking at the sizing chart too literally and paying attention to the waist rather than the hip measurement. So it stayed on, but if I put anything in the pocket it fell off because it has an elasticised waist. So I'm exchanging it for the size smaller (M).

In mine the pleats didn't look like they were very regular and could probably do with an ironing. I like pleats, but it seems like they're quite rare on skirts these days (probably too much work to make, or need higher quality material).
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

Hmmm. Not bad, though they have lower prices for what appear to be fairly similar things in the Women's section.

https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-d ... =201869044
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

STEVIE wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:21 am Yeah Gerd,
It looks fine except I hope you don't mind a wee point.
It looks like it could benefit from a good iron.

Steve.
PS did you try it on in-store or take it home?
Hi Steve,

I know about the need for ironing. I just couldn't wait ...

I didn't try it on before paying. The sales girl held it up for me, and as I could not try another size and the skirt looked right, I waited till I came home.
GerdG

GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

rode_kater wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:55 pm However, I made the mistake of looking at the sizing chart too literally and paying attention to the waist rather than the hip measurement. So it stayed on, but if I put anything in the pocket it fell off because it has an elasticised waist. So I'm exchanging it for the size smaller (M).
Mine, size Large, is to the large side, too. It is OK, as long as I don't loose wait, but a size Medium might have been better. In fact. I have ordered one to see, how it fits. I got it with a 34% price off due to "Single's days".
Normally Large in men's clothing will fit me. The Adidas people certainly have been serious, when claiming that their gender neutral skirt shall fit men.
GerdG

GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

Myopic Bookworm wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:48 am Hmmm. Not bad, though they have lower prices for what appear to be fairly similar things in the Women's section.

https://www.asos.com/asos-design/asos-d ... =201869044
It seems to be in the Men's section. And it is worn by a man (hairy legs on one of the pictures). Unfortunately, it is only available in two sizes by now.
GerdG

rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

So, I exchanged it for size M and am pleased with it. I can now put my phone in the pocket without it falling off. It's however 8C outside, so not exactly whether for this kind of skirt.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

One pair of opaque tights, and/or knee high boots, and you’re sorted for the chill!

Skirts aren’t just for the summer. They are capable of being a choice all year round. Unless you live in Canada / Siberia / parts of the USA…
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

rode_kater wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:54 pm So, I exchanged it for size M and am pleased with it. I can now put my phone in the pocket without it falling off. It's however 8C outside, so not exactly whether for this kind of skirt.
I have bought a size M, too. It is 2 cm shorter than size L, but still fine. Both sizes fit me, but with size L I shall not loose weight. Like said above, in the winter it can be worn with tights.
GerdG

photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »