Wildfang skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wildfang skirt

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Over all the skirt looks nice. I'm not getting one because of the price. The price is very much a turn off to a guy that might be skirt curious. I know I like skirt s and the price is very much a turn off. would get the black one if I was going to try this one.

I have never got the point of vents, slits, or kick pleats on skirts, especially one in the front.
Well ok I guess I get the point, I just don't care for them.
I have several skirts where they have torn right at the rear slit.

I feel designers put them on skirts more or less to make the skirt more flirtatious. A slit in the front of a skirt I think practically is screaming, hey try and look up my skirt.
Or visualize a ankle length skirt, with a slit all the way up the side to the hip. Flirtatious rather
Than they are there to allow more room for stride.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:03 pm Over all the skirt looks nice. I'm not getting one because of the price. The price is very much a turn off to a guy that might be skirt curious. I know I like skirt s and the price is very much a turn off. would get the black one if I was. Going to try this one.

I have never got the point of vents, slits, or kick pleats on skirts,
Well ok I guess I get the point, I just don't care for them.
I have several skirts where they have torn right at the rear slit.

I feel designers put them on skirts more or less to make the skirt more flirtatious. Visualize a ankle length skirt, with a slit all the way up the side to the hip.
Than they are there to allow more room for stride.
A slit at the back is better for walking, most of mine have the slit to the rear, generally 6-7 inches. They can be flirtatious, if the skirt is tighter around your thighs, but for me if it's impractical to walk or sit in, what's the point. Front slit skirts invite others to look at your legs or up your skirt, so not really practical for workwear, even with dark tights on :oops:

The price will deter most guys, I could buy several off ebay for that amount :roll:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Recently came across the term "shacket" (from shirt/jacket). Seems to be a sort of in-between garment. Found a few definitions online:

"...a jacket in the style of a shirt, or a thick shirt worn in the style of a jacket."

And...

"...shacket is a shirt like article of clothing that's typically worn like a jacket...usually worn over a shirt in the same way that a jacket is (as opposed to being worn as a main top). It's typically larger than a shirt and uses heavier fabric but is still often lighter than a jacket. Unlike most jackets, stackers often don't include a lining.

"Shackets are often intended to be worn when the weather is colder but not cold enough to warrant a heavy jacket."