Wildfang skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Wildfang skirt

Post by Coder »

https://www.wildfang.com/products/the-e ... work-skirt

This is interesting - they have a he/him/they modeling their skirt. That person may be non-binary, but presentation-wise someone looking at the ad might not pay that close attention.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wildfang skirt

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

It looks good, though a stronger colour than I would be prepared to wear in public, I think.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Myopic Bookworm wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:32 pm It looks good, though a stronger colour than I would be prepared to wear in public, I think.
I messaged them about length.The skirt runs from 18"-20.5, which is on the short side for me. Neither are "my colors", and it's expensive for a basic, plain skirt. I get advertised on Instagram by that brand a lot for some reason, and what surprised me was the first ad was of a "guy" in a skirt (they didn't used to make skirts). The expense would be "worth it" if the skirts were a unique pattern and if they had, say, a 60% off coupon.
Last edited by Coder on Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stephanie53

Post by stephanie53 »

If the color was a bit softer, and I could get it in her length not his. Does the jacket come with? Then I looked at the size chart. No way I'm fitting into a 24" waist for a 3x
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

stephanie53 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:28 pm If the color was a bit softer, and I could get it in her length not his. Does the jacket come with? Then I looked at the size chart. No way I'm fitting into a 24" waist for a 3x
Couple of things:

That's the flat length - the 3x is 48" around
I think she's just wearing it higher up - he is wearing a shorter/smaller size
Jacket does not come with it
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

stephanie53 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:28 pmThen I looked at the size chart. No way I'm fitting into a 24" waist for a 3x
You need to double the number of the product information as it is taken from an unstretched waistband, laying flat.

Read the info at the top of the size chart.

:arrow: The first tab in the chart is Product information/measurements - - - -
(Top of the chart states: Waist ~ "Straight measurement at top of unstretched waistband".
Bottom of chart states "All measurements are taken from a product laying flat".

:arrow: The second tab is Body measurements - - - -

I have a 46" waist and I could get by with a 1X but, to play it safe, should take a 2X :oops:
as well as it is out of my price range :( Love the concept and, as pictured, the guy's skirt
is longer that the girls skirt :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

I came here to post about this skirt!

I found it this weekend and ordered a black one. Should be here Thursday.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

photoguy207 wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:48 pm I came here to post about this skirt!

I found it this weekend and ordered a black one. Should be here Thursday.
Let us know how the length fits - both worn at the waist and naval. This skirt looks like it's the kind that would ride up a lot when sitting down - that could also be due to where you wear it (ie, low vs high). Also - seems kinda expensive? What features does it have that justify the high price? I realize "high" is relative to ones own income, need for professionalism (ie, this particular model feels business-casual), and quantity of skirts already owned :D
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

Will do Coder. I was thinking of you when I was going to post the link.
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

It arrived late today. Only had the chance to open and put it on for a minute. I got the black version. In a XL. Nice fabric. It’s 18.5” long.

Pockets are nice and big. There are some buttons on outside of the the waist band. Not sure if they are for decoration or they actually work to make the waist bigger or smaller.

It does button the opposite way like women's clothes.

I will post more tomorrow.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

I have a black skirt from Next UK and a red one from Marks and Spencer which are damn near identical.
Both of which I wear on a regular basis, the black one is an office staple and I even have patent leather shoes similar to the picture.
Also teamed with black ankle socks in summer but been in tights for most of this week as there is an autumnal "nip" in the air.
Seeing as how I have been sporting this look for ages, does this promote me to the hallowed heights of "influencer"?
Nice to be ahead of the game for a change!
Steve.
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

I was looking it over as well.
The pockets seem nice,
back ones are nice to have,
The waistband is nice to have.

The downside is the price,
I can get utility kilts or skirts that are much the same if not better for less.
Still temped even with the price,
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

Coder wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:34 pm Let us know how the length fits - both worn at the waist and naval. This skirt looks like it's the kind that would ride up a lot when sitting down - that could also be due to where you wear it (ie, low vs high). Also - seems kinda expensive? What features does it have that justify the high price? I realize "high" is relative to ones own income, need for professionalism (ie, this particular model feels business-casual), and quantity of skirts already owned :D
I have it on now. When its at my naval, it hits at the top of my knee. Just below it, it falls right in the middle of my knee which I like.

Its about 18.5 inches long. All of the pockets are huge. Its pretty comfortable to sit in when I have it where I usually wear my pants. When I sit when its at the naval it does climb up a bit too short for me.

There is a nice stretch in the waist. I bought the XL, my waist is 40" (down from 42"!)

Buttons on the waist area do adjust the fit. In the back there is an elastic area.

The fabric is a nice weight and the construction looks well done.

It does zip and button the opposite way then I am used to.

The buttons sort of look like this other skirt I found last night online: DOLCE & GABBANA DIAGONAL WOOL WRAP SKIRT W/ POCKETS.. $995! I was honestly shocked now many designer skirts are now out there, I come across news ones all of the time now, that's great news for us.

I am going to keep this skirt. I also have a few custom ones coming that are similar to this design, they might be here tomorrow from StudioSuits. As for the price, it might be high compared to other skirts I have, but it is comfortable and fits nice, plus big pockets, its a keeper. If you are unsure, they have free returns and exchanges.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

The skirt is too short for me-knee length is the shortest that I feel comfortable wearing out and about. But, in general, this outfit shows promise.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Over all the skirt looks nice. I'm not getting one because of the price. The price is very much a turn off to a guy that might be skirt curious. I know I like skirt s and the price is very much a turn off. would get the black one if I was. Going to try this one.

I have never got the point of vents, slits, or kick pleats on skirts,
Well ok I guess I get the point, I just don't care for them.
I have several skirts where they have torn right at the rear slit.

I feel designers put them on skirts more or less to make the skirt more flirtatious. Visualize a ankle length skirt, with a slit all the way up the side to the hip.
Than they are there to allow more room for stride.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.