Mediterranean beaches

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
ScotL
Chatbot

Mediterranean beaches

Post by ScotL »

This most likely has been brought up before but please don’t crucify me for bringing it up again as times May have changed.

Has anyone worn a skirt to the Mediterranean beaches on vacation? If so, how was it? Mostly asking for the northern Mediterranean.

Thanks in advance.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Mediterranean beaches

Post by Ray »

I’ve worn a sarong. No issues.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Ray wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:49 pm I’ve worn a sarong. No issues.
Never really known what a sarong really is but guess I should look into them
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

ScotL wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:22 am Never really known what a sarong really is but guess I should look into them
Make sure you ask the occupant's permission first.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

In France I've worn a paréo -- but really it's better to choose a beach where you can wear nothing at all. They're not too hard to find.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

geron wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:23 pm In France I've worn a paréo -- but really it's better to choose a beach where you can wear nothing at all. They're not too hard to find.
This is the way. 8)
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

FLbreezy wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:59 pm
geron wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:23 pm In France I've worn a paréo -- but really it's better to choose a beach where you can wear nothing at all. They're not too hard to find.
This is the way. 8)
Always has been and always shall be! :hooray: :sunny:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

pelmut wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:36 am
ScotL wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:22 am Never really known what a sarong really is but guess I should look into them
Make sure you ask the occupant's permission first.
Hahahahaha, thanks! That’s funny
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

Pareo/Sarongs are nice for sure, but I do like https://ripskirthawaii.com/ because of the velcro. They also started offering some kind of slash side pocket, but I don't have any of those yet. I wear them around the pool often as an easy cover-up or just around the house on weekends when I'm going back and forth between the patio and inside a lot.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Well I will be off to Lanzarote in two weeks time and I will be definitely be taking my wrap skirts ( sarong type) with me to wear all day and every day. Both long and short.
Always happy when wearing a skirt.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Pelmut- nice one! I do like a bit of dry humour…
gender free universe

Post by gender free universe »

I love wearing a full skirt on the beach because it's so easy to change into your swimming trunks. I've worn my skirts on the beaches and in the cities of Croatia, Italy, France, and Spain. I walked through Pompeii in my skirt and visited the La Sagrada Familia Cathedral. Every now and then you get a little stared at. Nothing else happened.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

gender free universe wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:39 pm I love wearing a full skirt on the beach because it's so easy to change into your swimming trunks. I've worn my skirts on the beaches and in the cities of Croatia, Italy, France, and Spain. I walked through Pompeii in my skirt and visited the La Sagrada Familia Cathedral. Every now and then you get a little stared at. Nothing else happened.
I’ve always (always… been doing this for maybe a year so take this statement with a ton of salt) worn knee length skirts/kilts. Above the knee, too short. Mid calf, too feminine for me. Your longer skirts and style is awesome. What length do you call that?
gender free universe

Post by gender free universe »

Knee-length skirts and kilts are good choices. I handle this very flexibly. If I want to change at the beach, I prefer loose, calf-length skirts. Ultimately, the look depends on how to combine the skirt with a shirt or hat. So I combine simple, fluttering skirts with Hawaiian shirts and a Panama hat. Especially at the beach, I like to combine my short navy blue tennis skirt with inverted pleats with a black T-shirt with a gaping white shark mouth and a baseball cap turned backward. The mini skirt length then no longer looks feminine. I only use the boyfriend look of women the other way around. For example, I wear a Metallica Tour t-shirt with chunky boots and a biker jacket with a floral ruffle skirt. The skirt is only part of the outfit. The more feminine the skirt, the more masculine I choose the other clothes. The overall impression is crucial.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Hi GFU,
From your posts and home location you seem to get about a lot, so you spread the male skirted message far and wide.

Just reading your last post about Pompeii and La Segrada Familia, it strikes me that it's a helluva long walk from one to the other. Pliny the Elder would have recommended travel by boat...a unireme, for preference. In his time both places were just towns within the Empire, of course......and everybody wore skirts!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !