Mediterranean beaches

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Midas
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Mediterranean beaches

Post by Midas »

I don’t do that kind of beach holiday but if I did I would wear a dress, probably a floaty sun dress that would make for the easiest of changes. I would at least consider wearing a swim dress rather than trunks. Has anyone tried this option?
ScotL
Chatbot

Re: Mediterranean beaches

Post by ScotL »

gender free universe wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:23 am Knee-length skirts and kilts are good choices. I handle this very flexibly. If I want to change at the beach, I prefer loose, calf-length skirts. Ultimately, the look depends on how to combine the skirt with a shirt or hat. So I combine simple, fluttering skirts with Hawaiian shirts and a Panama hat. Especially at the beach, I like to combine my short navy blue tennis skirt with inverted pleats with a black T-shirt with a gaping white shark mouth and a baseball cap turned backward. The mini skirt length then no longer looks feminine. I only use the boyfriend look of women the other way around. For example, I wear a Metallica Tour t-shirt with chunky boots and a biker jacket with a floral ruffle skirt. The skirt is only part of the outfit. The more feminine the skirt, the more masculine I choose the other clothes. The overall impression is crucial.
Thank you for this. I can’t see myself stepping into a miniskirt since I don’t even wear shorts that short usually. I like the idea of a linen skirt that’s cool and comfortable but was thinking of pairing it with a beach casual linen shirt. Definitely a masculine looking shirt. Perhaps a Hawaiian shirt. Large floral print.