shaving

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Re: shaving

Post by Ray »

Another cyclist!

I don’t cycle competitively but I’ve just done LEJOG,* destroying my lovely bike in the process (collision, cycle path. Dangerous things)

* edit : Land’s End to John O Groats - in other words, the length of Great Britain (1,000 miles). Just realised you were not from the UK.
Epiceneguy
Distinguished Member

Post by Epiceneguy »

I'm usually clean shaven in the face department normally every three days it generally has nothing to do with what I'm wearing I just think I look slightly better (when I grow a beard, which I still do occasionally, I tend to resemble a cross between Graham Norton and a tramp, sorry Graham 😉).
As for my legs I never used to bother with shaving as someone mentioned I never shaved for shorts so why would I for a skirt? However I have really became a bare leg convert, I honestly believe that shaven legs look so much better and the feel of skirts is definitely enhanced but shaven legs also make trousers feel more sensual and comfortable too.
That said I do fine shaving my legs a chore and now fully understand at the risk of sounding sexist why women take so long in the bathroom, lol.
When life gives you lemons, slice them and put them into your G&T!
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

I used to cycle and in-line skate almost every day, and during that time I did shave my legs for practical reasons (road rash or getting hairs stuck in shorts or knee pads).

I haven't yet felt the need to with kilts or skirts, but I can understand why someone would want to.
jamodu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamodu »

I used to wet shave my Legs, which gives the best/smooth feeling when wearing Tights - but now I regularly use a Philips OneShave Pro, which doesn’t damage the skin like regular wet shaving does.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-OneBla ... r=8-7&th=1

I didn’t pay anywhere near the price as the above would otherwise indicate.

It’s good for trimming your Eyebrows and for keeping your hair tidy on the back of your Neck, too.
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Shaved legs, I'm fine with that, I cycle so that's my excuse anyway.
It feels good, definitely a different sensation to the natural, which I don't think looks that good anyway.
My wife is used to it now but before she did find it a little unusual.

If there was an easy way to get rid if leg and facial hair......other than shaving....
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

For 'body hair'(legs or what ever) I use a cream hair remover. The process takes about 20 minutes,
from start to finish, but the results are fantastic. The 'new growth' comes in much finer and less often.
Another positive side - No nicked skin(no blood loss) from a blade.
I'm down to doing this process about 3 or 4 times per year.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:

(Tried to quote a member but kept getting "Internal Server Error")
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Smooth is the only way to be with a dress or in a skirt in my opinion.
I've been permanently IPL'ed many years earlier and its worth it.

also - spray tan those legs too!!!!

cheers
NZF
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Spray tan? Nah! I’ll just wear nude sheer hosiery. No mess, touch of class, nice feel, job done ;-)

Each to their own though, and your idea is a good one if you don’t like sheer hosiery.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Hi Ray,

I must admit I am lazy so... its easier to just go bare legs.
sheer hosiery is also doable but it adds more layering of lingerie to the mix......

I prefer to be well groomed all the time so I am ready for whatever but not limited by anything...

Chers
NZF
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

I'd been shaving since high school, but it was always a PITA as I had to let it grow out for two weeks before I could shave again, and it prickled for days afterwards. I started getting it lased off at a place that does laser hair removal and could not be happier, although I wish it didn't cost quite as much. It's allowed me to feel more confident in skirts - which seems odd - but the juxtoposition between hair/skirt just felt off. Plus, I've always hated my leg hair, so watching it get zapped off is somewhat therapeutic. I'm not a huge fan of body hair in general (except on top of my head and eyebrows) but I can live with it elsewhere, for the most part.