Skirts, the wearing of.

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirts, the wearing of.

Post by STEVIE »

ScotL wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:36 am But you seem very defensive and upset so I’ll just wish you well.
You quoted Carl quoting me, so I took it that I was included in the "dismissive" category.
As for "defensive and upset", you strike me as being that way too.
If you do not wish a direct reply from me, fine but in future please leave my name out of all your quotes.
Now can the definitions discussion please be taken to Off-Topic where it actually belongs.
If it can't, Mods please lock it down as being utterly pointless.
Steve.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

I like skirts, so does my daughter and now my youngest son does too! We have not at any time tried to push a skirt on him. He just asked if he could try one. So why not? His sister tried to find one yesterday on our day out. She will have another go today and it is his birthday tomorrow.
btw My eldest son shows no interest and that's fine too.

Here's me
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Barleymower on Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

STEVIE wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:33 am
ScotL wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:36 am But you seem very defensive and upset so I’ll just wish you well.
You quoted Carl quoting me, so I took it that I was included in the "dismissive" category.
As for "defensive and upset", you strike me as being that way too.
If you do not wish a direct reply from me, fine but in future please leave my name out of all your quotes.
Now can the definitions discussion please be taken to Off-Topic where it actually belongs.
If it can't, Mods please lock it down as being utterly pointless.
Steve.
I’m sorry your name was inadvertently left in the part I quoted, I’m not very adept at the quoting aspect of this forum. I can not help that you assumed something that you have taken offense to. That is on you. I’d recommend asking first before accusing someone. I have no intention of getting into flame wars or insulting anyone. Life is too short for crap like that.

I will ask you though in a rhetorical question that will be my last correspondence with you on the subject. When you ask the mods to “lock down” a conversation you find “utterly pointless” but interested others continue posting to, why don’t you just ignore it? Isn’t that dismissing their comments? Food for thought.

I sincerely wish you well.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Barleymower wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:14 am I like skirts, so does my daughter and now my youngest son does too! We have not at any time tried to push a skirt on him. He just asked if he could try one. So why not? His sister tried to find one yesterday on our day out. She will have another go today and it is his birthday tomorrow.
btw My eldest son shows no interest and that's fine too.

He's me

Capture.JPG
That looks awesome! I could see wearing something like that to work. And kudos on not pushing your son into it. Good to let people just be themselves
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

That’s a great story - and for me, brings this thread back to the very start and Steve’s story. Affirming stuff - both stories.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Ray wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:56 am That’s a great story - and for me, brings this thread back to the very start and Steve’s story. Affirming stuff - both stories.
Thanks for restoring my faith, Ray!
Barleymower wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:14 am My eldest son shows no interest and that's fine too.
Not a bad shot at all for an old codger BM.
Joking aside any parent who can encourage their kids, to step away from conformity are doing a great job.
Certainly, more for our own cause than all the celebs, fashion designers and wannabes who are out there.
Just wish that I had the same success with my own.
Steve.
ScotL wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:31 am I sincerely wish you well.
Same to you Scott but why should I "ignore" a thread that I initiated. That will never happen and if this one goes in a direction, I don't like the request will be repeated. If you have your own line of thinking start your own threads and let them meander wherever.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

STEVIE wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:53 pm Not a bad shot at all for an old codger BM.
Joking aside any parent who can encourage their kids, to step away from conformity are doing a great job.
Certainly, more for our own cause than all the celebs, fashion designers and wannabes who are out there.
Just wish that I had the same success with my own.
Thanks Stevie. We got him a dress in the end. He picked it weeks ago and Neptune said it's really pretty, he's got good taste. It's a tricky path to tread but they have to be themselves as scotl said.

I have said to him it's a brave man that does this. I can't lie you will might get opposition and some might laugh and call you names. He said he doesn't care.

When I question wether I'm doing the right thing I remember my friend Rafa. Her mum would not let her drink coke. She said "now I make sure I have a can every day!".

I genuinely feel I'm doing the right thing for men in general. I see so many guys dressed in man drab. Trailing after their bosy girlfriends and wives. What happened to the warriors? Why are they reduced ro pushing the trolley and paying the bill? Some might say: "you think dressing in girls clothes is helping?" Well yes I do!

In Brighton Neptune and I both dressed up. Her in Fairy Grunge and me in MIS. She was feeling really emotional or 'emo'. I said "head up, shoulders back. Walk like you own the place :)." I was gaining strength from her if she only knew.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=22725&p=230627&hil ... de#p230627

Here is the flip side of the coin, the grim reality for boys and young men who step outside the box.
This kid and the incident happened in 2021 is not ancient history, was fifteen years old.
The tragedy is that we know that it could easily have been avoided.
Where were his parents when he so desperately needed support?
They will have the rest of their own lives to ponder that particular question.
Sadder still is that "death by suicide" may not be wholly or even remotely accurate.
Yet another reason that change must come because make no mistake it still happens and all over the globe too.
Why do I wear skirts, go figure.
From the first post to this, the answer is very simple, I could not do otherwise!
Steve.