My look - I hope it looks normal

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Re: My look - I hope it looks normal

Post by Chirp »

I think your skirts look good,
Its more what u like and how u feel that maters the most.

As for my self i wear mostly black,
I have only 1 skirt that is camo color.
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

I had a period were I wore a lot of black. Black slowly took over my wardrobe.
Like skirts, once you branch out into colour there's no going back. Maybe give it a try?
lithaborn

Post by lithaborn »

Barleymower wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 6:36 am They are great fun to wear but will take off like a parachute if I'm not careful.
Ohhh I have a horror story about that. One of the first times going public in a kilt, a petting farm in Skegness, Lincolnshire, UK. I was right in front of the restaurant and an updraft caught it. Flashed everything to the entire restaurant....

EVERYTHING
Nunquam scienter normalis
gender free universe

Post by gender free universe »

That's my favorite hemline, too - especially in summer.
It makes such a full skirt even airier.
The simple look with a polo shirt is very suitable for everyday use.
That's how I like to dress.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Thanks for the replies everyone.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

My eldest son is into videoing - everything. I was caught on camera. I'm dismayed at the reality of me.
image_2022-09-20_180753632.png
My daughter said "see that binbag? that's you new skirt"

:lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Barleymower wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:09 pm My eldest son is into videoing - everything. I was caught on camera. I'm dismayed at the reality of me.

image_2022-09-20_180753632.png

My daughter said "see that binbag? that's you new skirt"

:lol:
Why are you dismayed at the reality of you? I think it looks good
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Looks fine to me. The skirt looks like it has a nice movement to it when you are walking.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

We all want to look good and be accepted, Ideally I would like every contributor to the cafe to look exactly as we would like and for everyone to say "you guys are so cool" i'm getting a skirt today!

I don't to drift into searching for ego boosts. That said thanks for the kind words.
My daughter is my greatest fan and harshest critic. I was told the black skirt looked like a dish cloth.

I have a new skirt and mini me says it's top notch (unlike the dish cloth).
[attachment=0]Capture.JPG[/attachment

P.S I used faceapp to knock 40 years off my 57 years otherwise I would decapitate the picture.

Neptune my DD suggested the brown jumper. She was right! the only thing that jumper normally goes with is, itself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Barleymower wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:53 pm We all want to look good and be accepted, Ideally I would like every contributor to the cafe to look exactly as we would like and for everyone to say "you guys are so cool" i'm getting a skirt today!
You know what, that looks fine. No deltas and high marks.

So what about a 57 year old visage. It's not worth worrying about.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Your face-apped face looks like a spitting image of my brother’s friend.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

That works well. Colour, but restrained, not in-your-face.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Barleymower wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:53 pm We all want to look good and be accepted, Ideally I would like every contributor to the cafe to look exactly as we would like and for everyone to say "you guys are so cool" i'm getting a skirt today!

I don't to drift into searching for ego boosts. That said thanks for the kind words.
My daughter is my greatest fan and harshest critic. I was told the black skirt looked like a dish cloth.

I have a new skirt and mini me says it's top notch (unlike the dish cloth).
[attachment=0]Capture.JPG[/attachment

P.S I used faceapp to knock 40 years off my 57 years otherwise I would decapitate the picture.

Neptune my DD suggested the brown jumper. She was right! the only thing that jumper normally goes with is, itself.
I think that looks awesome! Glad you have a petit critiquer to assist you. We all should be so lucky. I think the combo works perfectly. All of it
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

ScotL wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:10 pm I think that looks awesome! Glad you have a petit critiquer to assist you. We all should be so lucky. I think the combo works perfectly. All of it
She had a sad on today. Friend trouble at school. She was supported by her 'freinds' but those friends left the room with the girl that was being mean to her.
She feels she will always be the one left on her own.
I said that may well be true and you may have to learn to cope with that. You do have a strong friend group outside of them though? She agreed. I said you are very lucky though. So many would who would gladly swap with a pretty girl like you, problems included. I said I would have signed on the line at thirteen. I was so sad being me. Not anymore. You do understand! she said. Makes it all worth it. :D
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Barleymower, do you have any idea how strongly that idea resonates. Sometimes it's really best to walk away from the ones that walk away from you and gravitate towards the ones who understand you. Humans are complex critters, and friends are important -- but it's also important to be able to function in a bit of a vacuum for short periods of time and have friends to come back to.

Thanks for sharing your "petit critiquer's" thoughts with us. Two thumbs up on your approach, and hers as well.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!