My look - I hope it looks normal

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: My look - I hope it looks normal

Post by Faldaguy »

Good on you. Just doing the 'normal' stuff without acting like weird -- the "just own it" advice you see here frequently, and you find it works just fine. A few more trips and it will be ho-hum for you, the kids, and the teachers. Sometimes it takes the parents a bit longer to not be surprised, but they too will roll with it like any other place.

The private schools here know me as I teach mini-courses in chess; but I've attended graduations and such at the public school --as the invited guest, and never an issue -- all eyes are on the students anyway.

So now you've broken another "barrier" -- what is next?
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Re: My look - I hope it looks normal

Post by Barleymower »

Faldaguy wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:56 am
Good on you. Just doing the 'normal' stuff without acting like weird -- the "just own it" advice you see here frequently, and you find it works just fine. A few more trips and it will be ho-hum for you, the kids, and the teachers. Sometimes it takes the parents a bit longer to not be surprised, but they too will roll with it like any other place.

The private schools here know me as I teach mini-courses in chess; but I've attended graduations and such at the public school --as the invited guest, and never an issue -- all eyes are on the students anyway.

So now you've broken another "barrier" -- what is next?
I have a lot of work to do in my relationship with people, men and woman. I struggle with relationships. My family love me so I'm not all bad.

Stevie from the cafe Scottish contingent is meeting a reporter in January to promote MIS. I would like to take part in that.