Sacaï Men's Spring and Resort 2023

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Sacaï Men's Spring and Resort 2023

Post by Coder »

https://wwd.com/fashion-news/shows-revi ... 235232006/

The skirts are... sensible? What has come of the fashion world! Where are the pants that go under them! Men's styles end at slide 33.

I looked up the typical prices for their clothes - eyewateringly expensive. Still, I feel showing normal looking styles on the runway is a win.
ScotL
Chatbot

Re: Sacaï Men's Spring and Resort 2023

Post by ScotL »

Wow, fairly normal stuff. I’m sure it’s too expensive by half but it’s definitely progress
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Not too bad, but my main problem is
WHY must all 'models' be anorexic :?:
If the designers want to sell to the populace,
use a regular person, not some 'Skinny-Minni". :|

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Uncle Al wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:45 am Not too bad, but my main problem is
At the prices that company charges (> $600 USD) for clothes I suspect they aren't selling to the general populace, and so they have models that fit the standard mold of a runway model - anorexic and tall. I didn't even both to see what their size ranges were, but they probably carry sizes that would fit a lot of us, just don't expect those clothes to be modeled.

Also - and this is just a hunch - but someone who has the expendable income to purchase their clothing, probably has the money for personal self-improvement - ie, spending an unhealthy amount of time at the gym, personal trainers, balanced nutrition. Nothing is wrong about any of those things but it's difficult to do all of them on a regular household budget, let alone when spending $899 on a single clothing item.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Uncle Al wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:45 am WHY must all 'models' be anorexic
Sorry Al but skinny or even emaciated might have been a better choice of words.
Anoxeria is a highly destructive mental health issue not a qualification for appearance on the catwalks of today.
In my young days, I was like that and ate like a horse, skin and bones until I was in my forties.
Really annoyed a lot of female friends that I had an effortlessly smaller dress size than them.

Back to the "fashions".
Sure these things are pricey but we know already that any so called manskirts come at a premium and economic versions are just a step away.
I particularly liked the pleated blazer as I don't recall ever seeing that design before.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Uncle Al wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:45 am Not too bad, but my main problem is

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
That’s the debate raging in fashion. Models have always been held to unhealthy weight standards leading to perpetuation of body dysphoria and eating disorders. Quite toxic and has damaged countless souls yet driven by money
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

What I am seeing is not skirts, but shorts with a pleated design. Am I missing something?
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Stu wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:26 am What I am seeing is not skirts, but shorts with a pleated design. Am I missing something?
Oh - dang - I think you might be right. However - a casual observer - even cautious one like myself - was easily fooled. Even Vogue has an article on this lineup - not one mention of shorts - but it does mention "long pleated skirts" which doesn't jive with the men's options (nor the women's really). It could be "skirt" in this sense:
An outer edge; a border or margin.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Well spotted Hawkeye Stu.
They are very much like the "divided" skirts, that our female gym teachers wore.
There is a thread around somewhere on that very subject.
In the flesh, I'd be pretty sure that they would appear even more "skirtish", no benefit of zooming in.
Too pricey but I still like the look of that pleated jacket.
Steve.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

STEVIE wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:11 pm Well spotted Hawkeye Stu.
They are very much like the "divided" skirts, that our female gym teachers wore.
There is a thread around somewhere on that very subject.
In the flesh, I'd be pretty sure that they would appear even more "skirtish", no benefit of zooming in.
Too pricey but I still like the look of that pleated jacket.
Steve.
Is that them there shallots? or is it collets?
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

One thing our gym teachers were not was appetising unless one was seriously pickled or simply intent on chucking your life away.
I reckon that they were really Army Drill Sergeants doing a very bad drag act, think Miss Trunchbull (Pam Ferris) from the Matilda Movie but more scary. Their male counterparts could be pussycats by comparison, they'd only belt you and that was that.
On a strictly fashion note, these things were not culottes either which reach to mid-calf and the gym things sat at around knee length, ugh!
Steve.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

This got me thinking though - culottes/split skirts were a precursor to women wearing pants (if I have my fashion history down right) - I wonder if the opposite could be true for men. Introduce a pair of shorts that - like these - have a vaguely skirt-like appearance - market for men. Then that same product line could sell a "undivided" pair for greater comfort.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Seems like it could Coder. I was fooled. Would’ve bet money they were wearing skirts. But the idiocy that rules the minds of men and mens fashion would be ok with those outfits cause God forbid, they werent skirts.
Last edited by ScotL on Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

In the thread that I originated, my suggestion was that such could be used to circumvent a dress code which banned shorts which they actually are.
However, the perception has to be ""skirt" unless it it closely scrutinised.
The vagaries and absurdities that constitute high street fashion could very possibly make this an entry level pseudo-skirt for a lot of males.
They'd need a macho catchy label to pander to that frail male ego. Ideas on a postcard to..................................
How about Airies?
Best I can do right now!
Steve.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

STEVIE wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:37 pm In the thread that I originated, my suggestion was that such could be used to circumvent a dress code which banned shorts which they actually are.
However, the perception has to be ""skirt" unless it it closely scrutinised.
The vagaries and absurdities that constitute high street fashion could very possibly make this an entry level pseudo-skirt for a lot of males.
They'd need a macho catchy label to pander to that frail male ego. Ideas on a postcard to..................................
How about Airies?
Best I can do right now!
Steve.
Talking to my wife today we discussed the comfort of skirts. She is as comfortable in pants as skirts/dresses. In fact, the lack of comfort difference is why she picks pants if she doesn’t want to deal with the possibility of exposure. To which I said you’ve never had to wear pants with beans and wieners. We had a good laugh but it strikes me that this, the idea that a person’s penis size (we allowed to use the P word here?) would be a great marketing tact. Can see the tagline now, camera pans to his girlfriend and states, too bad he fits in pants. Cause ti me, this is a big factor in skirt comfort for guys.
Last edited by Uncle Al on Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quoting format