Cincinnati Enquirer: 'The world is changing': Delhi Skirt Game endures despite complaints about men in dresses

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Cincinnati Enquirer: 'The world is changing': Delhi Skirt Game endures despite complaints about men in dresses

Post by Coder »

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/l ... 402086007/

I have mixed feelings posting this. It's obviously an event where the players are poking fun at men wearing women's clothes, but obviously they see no harm in wearing them which is good, sorta. I think the balloons are tacky. Does this "move the needle"? Probably not in a good direction if it moves it at all, and since the message isn't one of "fashion freedom" not sure people attending it would even consider the possibility of an expanded wardrobe.

That being said, I'd never call on them to cancel their event, they aren't being outright mean or harmful.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Cincinnati Enquirer: 'The world is changing': Delhi Skirt Game endures despite complaints about men in dresses

Post by STEVIE »

Oops, wrong Delhi.
Tacky, unfunny, asinine or plain offensive, take your pick.
These labels could be applied very widely indeed and if used as rigid censorship criteria, there would not be a lot left over.
Might curtail some political ravings, every cloud etc.
Steve.
Bodycon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Cincinnati Enquirer: 'The world is changing': Delhi Skirt Game endures despite complaints about men in dresses

Post by Bodycon »

Ban this, then you have to ban drag (OK silver lining....) and of course Tarts and Vicars parties; same thing, just different circumstances.

I think it is a good thing, dressing up in an over the top way can be fun, so why should skirts and dresses be out of bounds? As we keep saying they are just clothes. There is no message or other context where they are saying wear what you like, but so what.

Not sure who they are supposed to be demeaning? Women, Gays, someone's God....none as far as I can see. PC nonsense.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

The HATERS will HATE! No matter what someone is doing there will be haters and they will do their best to ruin everything. It seems as though they were in great abundance early in the year but did not even show up to stage a protest at the game, just like a lot of the rest of the haters, afraid they might be found out for being A$$HOLES.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Oh for God's sake....

The United States of the Offended...

This is why we can't have nice things, everyone's gotta get their panties in a twist about something. :x

"You're free, provided you don't offend me". :roll:

I guess next thing the left wing P.C. police will be coming after the Hikers Prom in Damascus....
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Bodycon wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:58 am Not sure who they are supposed to be demeaning?
Well they are not exactly covering themselves in glory are they?
In the time honoured tradition, I wear women's clothes but only for a "jolly jape".
Steve.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

moonshadow wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:19 am The United States of the Offended...

This is why we can't have nice things, everyone's gotta get their panties in a twist about something. :x

I guess next thing the left wing P.C. police will be coming after the Hikers Prom in Damascus....
And the ironic/funny thing is - I'm sure some of the men wore outfits that proved men could wear skirts/dresses and look good without being "offensive". I read an article where someone lamented Brad Pitt's skirt outfit because "he wasn't queer" and was essentially "appropriating" skirts for what amounted to a lark. I mean, really people?
Bodycon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bodycon »

STEVIE wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:41 am In the time honoured tradition, I wear women's clothes but only for a "jolly jape".
Exactly that, a jolly jape, no offense, just FUN.

Moon and Coder both put it very well, so I'll leave it at that....
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Lots of men wear womans clothes at stag doos etc. In the UK it's really common for men to put on a dress for stag doos. Its all just a laugh and they are loving every minute of it.
For.what it is worth I'm convinced these players are doing it because they want too. Woman have much better clothes than men. It probably makes them really happy without their masculinity being risked. It's tragic that men have been reduced in this manner. The only way they can ligitimately do this is under the "jolly jape" flag.
I'm so glad that I just do it.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

moonshadow wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:19 am Oh for God's sake....

The United States of the Offended...

I've found it's usually not members of the group in question who are offended, but someone else on their behalf...