Themogan.com catalog

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Bertino56
Member Extraordinaire

Themogan.com catalog

Post by Bertino56 »

This is an interesting catalog. Many styles and configurations of
clothing available, in a big selection of colors.
https://themogan.com/products/nolan-str ... 2412997792
Has anybody ordered from them? How are they in terms of
service, quality of products, etc?
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Themogan.com catalog

Post by Coder »

Looking at the site structure, prices - feels like a Chinese-made clothing import company - they have a CA address which is different that some of these sites. I wouldn't expect the images to match the product, and sizing is likely off. However, they appear to sell on Amazon and you can see reviews on their products there. IMHO - you would be better off buying from Amazon if you can as Amazon's return policy will be much better.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Copied from their item web page :arrow:
Mogan size chart JPG 2022-08-11.jpg
NOTICE the size to the corresponding measurement in inches :!:

Normally, I wear a 2XL(depending on manufacturer) but according
to this "Chart", my waist size(48-50 inch) is not listed :(

Country of origin(manufacture) being Cambodia, this is ASIAN sizing.

When 'something' appears 'to-good-to-be-true', 9 times out of 10 - it isn't true :twisted:

I've been burned by "ASIAN" sizing before, and NEVER again :!:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I normally wear a size 3x and these skirts would not fit me at all. I feel that any company that sells to the USA or any other country than their own should use the normal measurements of that country when selling there. Otherwise getting something to fit is IMPOSSIBLE. And as many of these companies do not have a decent return policy I refuse to do business with them. I have been stung too many time to keep buying from them. I usually buy from Woman Within online and have found their return policy to be good and their sizing to be the same across all of their other stores and brands as well.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

AS i keep saying the Eastern ( Chinese ) inch is 10% shorter than the Western one.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Asian sizing is a catch for the folks who have had no experience.

I've had the same problems when I've been in the Philippines. You need to ask for "Americano" sizes. They understand that.
An Asian 2XL is more like a western medium.
It's interesting when on the MRT in Manila, I can stand at one end and have an unobstructed view to the other end, when its packed with people.
Oneoff

Post by Oneoff »

After seeing a link to this seller in another post, I checked it and found something I liked. I took a chance on an sleeveless A-line dress in 2XL and have been pleasantly surprised. The material is not too shabby, the sewing quality seems to be OK, and it fits my 6'4" 215 lb frame just fine. Enough so that I bought two more of the same dress because it's a great dress for hot weather. I agree that Asian sizing is a bit "off" 90% of the time, but this vendor, in this dress, is right on the money.