A bit self-centered???

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

A bit self-centered???

Post by Faldaguy »

My wife and I were sitting in a gathering of about 60 people or so recently when I noticed one guy staring at me; far more so than chaps usually do even when checking out the weird guy in a skirt -- but this was a fellow I knew and had seen me in skirts scads of times. After several minutes of inordinate self-consciousness, it dawned on me -- it wasn't me at all; my wife was wearing a mid-high thigh slit skirt with a lot of leg showing! :D The doubts, they are all in our own heads!
Midas
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A bit self-centered???

Post by Midas »

So rather than thinking you a weirdo he was just a common or garden dirty old man.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Well, now you know you need to wear that other skirt to get all the attention :P

(I kid, I kid)
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

When I belonged to another forum some years ago (or maybe it was this one in an earlier guise), there was a telling anecdote by one member about getting self-conscious about wearing a kilt, and feeling that people were looking at him oddly, and being on the point of making an intemperate comment when he realized that he was actually not wearing the kilt that day, and it was all in his imagination.