An observation about men of different cultures

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

An observation about men of different cultures

Post by moonshadow »

So I spent the day at Niagara Falls, and had a great time! As usual I was wearing one of my skirts. As I found it tends to be pretty gusty around the region here I opted to wear my heavier denim midi skirt, a good choice, even if it does make my look somewhat grannyfied...

Anyway, one thing I found intriguing was the huge display of various cultures at the falls. People from all around the world it seems!

The dresses that the Indian women (actual Indians, not Native Americans) are simply beautiful! I saw women of all backgrounds dressed in some of the must stunning and elegant dresses, robes, gowns, and skirts you can imagine.

As for the men... they all look the same. No matter what culture or country they are from, their skin color may vary, but they're all wearing short pants and a tee-shirt or a polo.

Didn't see another man wearing a skirt today. Kinda boring. To think every single man there has absolutely no idea what it feels like to have the wind of the falls flutter between your legs, to feel the misty spray and cooling effect all around your lower half. Too bad for them!
DSC_0011.JPG
Imagine.... on the other side of this shore is a land of Universal Healthcare.... a government that is actually in the service of the people and not the other way around. I admit to being somewhat envious. I've never been so close to a foreign land. I could not visit, not having a passport and all, but I hope to remedy that before I return again.
20220724_133442.jpg
20220724_133622.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Re: An observation about men of different cultures

Post by Chirp »

I'm on the other side of the falls and its same thing, People of all cultures wearing there own thing,
Some of the woman stand out with bright colors and styles wile there male other bla bla bla
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Moon
Surprised you never saw a kilt, they crop up everywhere.
Scots tourists are more "Scots" than when they are at home and Niagara is a definite favourite.
Steve,
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

I've found, however, that folks (male or female) from other cultures are less likely to be phased by a guy in a skirt...