Skirts and heels

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
steamman

Skirts and heels

Post by steamman »

I started wearing heels over 20 years ago in public, long before there was any conversation around gender fluidity / non conforming. I started wearing skirts only about 4 years ago, and I immediately discovered the synergy between skirts and high heels! They go together so well. So much so, that I can’t remember the last time I wore heels with trousers. Up until now, I’ve tended to wear boots with heels, but I am now venturing into shoes. I’ve just been out shopping wearing a long denim pencil skirt and 6.5” platform stiletto shoe boots with peep toes from Topshop. What struck me was just how good it felt! Exhilarating.

I could see the lad who served me in the shop was thoroughly confused by my appearance, but I just acted normally. That’s the secret. Feel fabulous, look fabulous and you will convey confidence and “own the look”. I know that heels aren’t for everyone, but they are worth persevering with if you are curious. As a seasoned stiletto wearer, I actually find them very comfortable to wear.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirts and heels

Post by Kirbstone »

Six-and-a-half inches sounds like stilts ! Our resident 10 year-old granddaughter wanted stilts for Christmas and Muggins here obliged. They have 3" spaced adjustments, starting at 6" tall, with the highest slot giving 18" altitude. She hasn't yet attempted that height.

Me, at 6'2" I don't need any heels at all. Better that way, at age 80 !!, but Mark as in Mark would agree with you.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
steamman

Post by steamman »

With platforms, they are actually quite easy once you get used to them. I like my heels really high, in how they look and feel and I figure that since I am breaking the so called “rules”, I might as well wear what I really want to! I am also not that tall, so when I wear them I grow to about 6 feet which is just nice.
Brad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Brad »

When I am dressed in a skirt and heels, I feel sexy, like super-confident, and the whole world should notice me. I've heard women say they feel good about themselves in nice clothes. Has anyone here experienced that?
steamman

Post by steamman »

I absolutely agree. I feel very sexy and practically invincible, especially the combination of stilettos and a skirt! I used to envy women for being able to look like that, now I have the joy of doing it myself and above all, being me. The wonderful thing about the skirt and heels combination is that your shoes/boots are on full display. Next step for me will be metal heel tips, I want the full clicking sound of stilettos.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Good topic. Even though I’m six foot two, I wear heels from time to time with my skirts and dresses, though I never go over a more modest three inches and, on rare occasions, four. I’ve worn stilettos and block heels, and both are great fun to wear.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

Heels are something never gotten into.
In long skirt they do look good, Never know
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt