More Youtube items

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

More Youtube items

Post by Faldaguy »

There have been several references to Youtube as an alternative site for MIS pictures, info.... I perused a few, mostly pretty thin on value in my view but some will be of interest, maybe we could collect the links in one place with a brief note as to content?

First one here is about a school in Uganda, all the kids wear 'skirts' but their founding tradition was Scottish and the uniform is quite kilt-like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHiDXN-3Rmc

Then, an a amusing presentation on 'manly men' in history, and their dress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roPQKEZK2X4
Bodycon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: More Youtube items

Post by Bodycon »

Faldaguy wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:45 pm First one here is about a school in Uganda
Those dastardly Scots get everywhere....

The narrator is at pains to keep affirming that these are Kilts nor Skirts. So now the boys leave school, with it reinforced into them, that skirts are for girls.

The whole thing is bollox of course and always has been, kilts are skirts, end of; there is no need to try and justify them as being acceptable for boys because they are kilts. They are anyway, as skirts.
pleated
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pleated »

I don't know if this has been posted here before, but after watching the video about the youtuber wearing dresses for a week I came across this young woman calling for men to be let wear dresses-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1ToGBTlmQQ
(13:52)
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Bodycon » Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:07 pm

The narrator is at pains to keep affirming that these are Kilts nor Skirts. So now the boys leave school, with it reinforced into them, that skirts are for girls.
I think we can probably give them credit for discerning the difference between their "cultural heritage" from the founder and making distinctions between skirts and kilts. Yes, the narrator went overboard; and it sounds like the community is calling a "spade a spade" -- so the kids will know.

The whole thing is bollox of course and always has been, kilts are skirts, end of; there is no need to try and justify them as being acceptable for boys because they are kilts. They are anyway, as skirts.
I whole heartedly agree despite the ire sometimes earned here for proclaiming such "poppycock", and I expect, and hope that the kids and the community there will awaken with that realization as well. You do have the Maasai people next door in Kenya wearing skirts (that go by several names) and the continent is full of colorful attire with men often in wraps that equally fit the definition of skirts, robes, or dresses ---so I'll call this a positive even if some still feel a need for the 'kilt' label--be it in Uganda or on the SC!
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

I was cleaning up my YouTube "Watch Later" list and found this funny video from six years ago (!). I think I found it more relatable now than I would have 6 years ago when I didn't have any experience wearing a skirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdkGMjlgeuM
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Sorry, I didn't last 30 seconds into that tirade.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

FLbreezy wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:21 pm I was cleaning up my YouTube "Watch Later" list and found this funny video from six years ago (!). I think I found it more relatable now than I would have 6 years ago when I didn't have any experience wearing a skirt.

I'm thinking it's mostly in jest, certainly not the most funny comedy skit I have ever seen

If you look at it as non comical rant.

Most of her complaints would be solved by wearing a longer , fuller skirt.

I mean it's common sense isn't it, that if I don't want my legs on a hot or nasty surface. Or reduce the risk of exposure. That wearing a longer skirt would provide added protection.

Nope they rather complain, than buy one that is more practical for the wearer.

I have a few short skirts 18 to 20 inches that I only will wear only at home. Due to their straighter design one would have to cross ones legs constantly when sitting to prevent possible exposure. I'm way too absent minded for that, and don't want to have to sit "Lady like" so I stick to longer skirts and skirts with ample material that will drape between the knees. Manspreading in a skirt with 0 exposure is my goal.

Questionable skirt length or design, I recommend finding a large enough mirror that you can lean it against a wall and sit across from it in a room from different distances and perspectives, you can learn rather quickly which skirts and movements are likely to produce a "show" you are more likely to "show" stuff while sitting or bending over at the waist then when going up or down stairs. In my opinion, Fear chairs more than stairs.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:38 pm
FLbreezy wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:21 pm I was cleaning up my YouTube "Watch Later" list and found this funny video from six years ago (!). I think I found it more relatable now than I would have 6 years ago when I didn't have any experience wearing a skirt.

I'm thinking it's mostly in jest, certainly not the most funny comedy skit I have ever seen

If you look at it as non comical rant.

Most of her complaints would be solved by wearing a longer , fuller skirt.
It was kind of painful, at least for me to watch. Her complaints are totally biased, as you say, wearing a longer/different style skirt would eliminate most of her complaints. They could have done without the silly music in the background (now I'm just being a critic :P).
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

Eh, she was (trying) to do a bit of a rant and not being 100% serious. Not everyone's cup of tea. :)