Zirts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Zirts

Post by Coder »

My zirts arrived (green and navy blue). I'm really on the fence about length - my personal feeling is two and a half tiers would be perfect - three is too long but work appropriate - two is too short but nice for casual wear. I could imaging going to work in three and taking a tier off to run errands after work. That's not to say two is indecent - it's just shorter that I'm comfortable with.

As expected, the blue tier zipped perfectly to the green skirt. The possibility of mixing colors is intriguing - you could wear a green skirt but have a single blue tier - this would then let you match blue or green shoes, same with the top. While matching colors isn't totally required, I often have trouble picking out a shirt and using the skirt as a jumping off point gives me a boost of confidence.
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

Thanks for posting about Zirts

I bought a black in the 38 size from Amazon. Luckily I just lost some weight. So I was able to get into it and it fits perfectly. I have to figure out the adjustable waist.

I love the cut and design of the skirt. It’s exactly how I like skirts. The zippers are cool and I do like the tiered effect they make.

I ordered a grey directly from their site. Hopefully it will come quickly since they are only a state away from me.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

One thing to add to my review. I wore it to work yesterday with three tiers (they come with two, and I added a navy to the green). Three is too restrictive, FYI. I wasn't able to stride as long as I wanted to. I loved the look, so the tradeoff wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have to walk across campus for parking. Length-wise, two is fine - I think next time I wear this I'll take the third tier off for walking between car/work, but put it on at work. Or, I suppose I could just accept shorter skirts are fine and live with two, not sure I'm there yet.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

If only they would stretch to a 42" waist, I have lost a fair bit of weight and 42" now feels right, looking at the size chart I am still way too big, unless they can stretch a lot, maybe 3 inches, looks too small in the hip as well.

Humph!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

Big and Bashful wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:23 pm If only they would stretch to a 42" waist, I have lost a fair bit of weight and 42" now feels right, looking at the size chart I am still way too big
Humph!
My waist is around 40 now. I am fitting into the XXL perfectly. The site says the XXL is 16-18 or a 38 waist. I would say you are just a little too big. Something to drop more weight! That is what I am currently working on too!!
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

photoguy207 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:39 pm
Big and Bashful wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:23 pm If only they would stretch to a 42" waist, I have lost a fair bit of weight and 42" now feels right, looking at the size chart I am still way too big
Humph!
My waist is around 40 now. I am fitting into the XXL perfectly. The site says the XXL is 16-18 or a 38 waist. I would say you are just a little too big. Something to drop more weight! That is what I am currently working on too!!
The weight is still falling off me, so I will get there. I am not trying to lose weight, lost getting on for three stone before being diagnosed as diabetic and am still getting lighter, not the best diet plan but it is effective! Now my larger skirts fall off me, I can't wear my good kilt anymore and things that were way too tight now fit pretty well. I might order a couple of zirts for when I have shrunk a bit more! They may not be available forever!
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

While walking the boardwalk at the Jersey shore tonight, (in a black purple rain skirt with the snap fastened so it looks like shorts and to prevent the wind from blowing it up!), I think I saw a woman in a black Zirt. I tried not to stare but I definitely saw the tiering in the front from the zippered pieces, she had on two. Looked nice on her.
photoguy207
Member Extraordinaire

Post by photoguy207 »

I have been wearing the two Zirts I have a lot. I have the black and grey. I am considering the blue and khaki. Those are the only two colors that have my size left.

I have attached snaps on the inside and have a short piece of elastic with snaps on it that runs between the front and back of the skirt. It’s on the bottom of the top piece that zips. It pulls the skirt in a little and it makes the zirt look like shorts when I need to do so.

I know some here will frown upon that. But it has really given me lots of confidence to wear skirts in public.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Big and Bashful wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:17 am I actualy like skirts that restrict me a bit, these however don't go large enough even for my now shrunken dimensions. I would have liked to try a zirt out.
This morning, under 17 stone for the first time in many years, probably since 1980. One might even fit now. I might go ahead and order a couple, to get the length I want. Just not sure how many I would need to build a maxi. Just sent them a message asking, telling them I am a man who likes skirts and likes maxi skirts. It will be interesting to see the reply, I also asked if they would just sell additional tiers.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Big and Bashful wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:23 am
Big and Bashful wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:17 am I actualy like skirts that restrict me a bit, these however don't go large enough even for my now shrunken dimensions. I would have liked to try a zirt out.
This morning, under 17 stone for the first time in many years, probably since 1980. One might even fit now. I might go ahead and order a couple, to get the length I want. Just not sure how many I would need to build a maxi. Just sent them a message asking, telling them I am a man who likes skirts and likes maxi skirts. It will be interesting to see the reply, I also asked if they would just sell additional tiers.
I would just caution - a maxi length might be unwalkable. The tiers are only so big - no slit - so your stride would be severely limited.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Coder wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:25 am
Big and Bashful wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:23 am
I would just caution - a maxi length might be unwalkable. The tiers are only so big - no slit - so your stride would be severely limited.
For me, sometimes the appeal of a skirt is the fact that it shapes the way you move, so I would like to have a tighter skirt in my wardrobe, not easy to find for the larger (shrinking) man! I have plenty of less restricting skirts, some even still fit! Also, the beauty of the zirt is the ability to shorten it till you feel comfortable with it. Looking out at the gale blowing today, I think a straighter skirt will be a wise decision, my usual skater skirts could be a bit too revealing!
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

I'm so sorry :rofl:
Every time I see the title of this thread, I start laughing.
I know, I know, it has a different spelling but, still,
I think of the mechanical grease fitting.
:rofl: :hide: :rofl: :hide: :rofl:
I can't wrap my mind around wearing this in public,
let alone anywhere else :oops:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Uncle Al wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:20 pm I'm so sorry :rofl:

Uncle Al
Nipple?
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Big and Bashful wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:24 pm

Uncle Al
Nipple?
Zerk fitting
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Coder wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:36 pm
Big and Bashful wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:24 pm

Uncle Al
Nipple?
Zerk fitting
New to me, that one!