Much skirt wearing over the jubilee?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Much skirt wearing over the jubilee?

Post by howardfh »

Bodycon wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:15 pm
crfriend wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:18 pm
Bodycon wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:58 pmI thought the white ensign was the flag of the Navy, which is a George cross with the union flag in the corner?
The ensign is typically flown from the stern or the mizzen mast of the vessel and the jack from the "jackstaff" which is right at the bow.

If it sounds more complex than it needs to be, that's because it is. Traditions can get that way, and navies tend to be steeped in them.
Yikes, we're off at a tangent again.... shh....and you a mod.... :lol:

So it seems, however Wiki tells me that the union flag (no longer called the union jack) is only to be flown by ships in port or at anchor.

Enough of flags. I wore my bright green hiking skirt over the weekend for a couple of walks around the local hills. The young calves on the farm I pass through were intrigued and a few grouse out on the moor startled. I had the place to myself otherwise and only met other folk on the cycle / walking paths and the neighbours at home. Not really much call for the jubilee locally, I don't think the few events that were on were well attended. Weather has been great though, I always carry a jacket when out, but had no need of it.
Upper Garnock.jpg
Is there a pocket large enough to hold an OS map? Looks ike it?
Bodycon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Much skirt wearing over the jubilee?

Post by Bodycon »

howardfh wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:29 pm Is there a pocket large enough to hold an OS map? Looks ike it?
Yes, one on each side, which some find odd, but they work well.
Jasmine.jpg
Direct Alpine - Jasmine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.