Going to say it again...

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Going to say it again...

Post by moonshadow »

I will never, never ever, not in a million years, wear trousers while I mow grass.

Wearing a skirt while pushing a mower on a difficult incline... there's no comparison...

You know, it's hard to imagine that 99% of men will never know the feeling of a cool breeze between their legs on a hot day.

Oh well... sux for them I suppose! :mrgreen:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Going to say it again...

Post by r.m.anderson »

Hell - I was wondering if the discharge of grass clippings had gotten to you in one form or another -
Inhaling all that pollen chlorophyll whatever resides in mother earth down in your part of the backcountry.

But who gives a rats xxx as long as you aren't mowing the lawn in the town square.

Really the only bothersome thing I would worry about is the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
something kicked up by the mower blades and launched into tender flesh !

Mow on with skirt on ! LOL !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Why would anyone in their right mind mow the lawn in anything but a skirt? It has to be cooler and much more comfortable!

Right? Right!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 3:23 am Why would anyone in their right mind mow the lawn in anything but a skirt? It has to be cooler and much more comfortable!

Right? Right!
Well, nude is even more comfortable, but even less acceptable in many places.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Wear boot gaiters when mowing in a skirt or your socks will be full of burrs .............. I admit that I am not mowing what most would consider as lawn. Also the shins cop the odd stone or two (or hidden dogbone splinters) but not enough to stop me wearing a skirt. Make sure nobody is standing behind you when pulling the starter rope, in the interests of modesty.
I usually mow soon after rain otherwise it is like a dust storm and I need to wear a mask and goggles.

As a friend's mother used to tell her "You can do anything in a skirt".
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

I use a macabi when I am strimming, if stones and twigs they just hit the skirt which stops them before they hit my legs. Also the cuttings wash off the fabric much better than they do off jeans. No chance of the skirt catching either because it is one of those long strimmers with a harness that keeps the head well away from the skirt or my legs. For those on the even more insane side of the pond, strimmer = weed-wacker.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Big and Bashful wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:48 pm I use a macabi when I am strimming, if stones and twigs they just hit the skirt which stops them before they hit my legs. Also the cuttings wash off the fabric much better than they do off jeans. No chance of the skirt catching either because it is one of those long strimmers with a harness that keeps the head well away from the skirt or my legs. For those on the even more insane side of the pond, strimmer = weed-wacker.
I do it all in a skirt, the push mower part, the riding mower part, and the weed eating. I think the only thing to really be careful from is weed eating. I wear safety glasses for that, although I need to start doing so with my push mower too as the chute is long gone and tends to throw grass clippings all over me while mowing (including my eyes on occasion).

Anyway, people everywhere wear short pants when mowing, so really, wearing a skirt wouldn't expose any additional skin.

Very few jobs I'll wont tackle in a skirt. Crawling around in the attic/basement crawl space is one of them, and I recall back in 2020 when I fenced in my backyard, despite in being blistering hot that day, I wore disposable coveralls over pants and a shirt as I was in a thicket of poison ivy and didn't want to get it all over me. It was only for the one day, just down in the corner of the yard where the weeds grow high. Most of the fence I erected while wearing a skirt.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Jim wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 12:12 pm
Fred in Skirts wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 3:23 am Why would anyone in their right mind mow the lawn in anything but a skirt? It has to be cooler and much more comfortable!

Right? Right!
Well, nude is even more comfortable, but even less acceptable in many places.
Well I am in 100% agreement there!! :D
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Moon, you eat weeds?

I’m guessing that you don’t and that this is a phrase for something. What is meant by weed eating?

Cheers

Ray
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Ray wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:45 pm Moon, you eat weeds?

I’m guessing that you don’t and that this is a phrase for something. What is meant by weed eating?

Cheers

Ray
A weed eater is what others may call a weed trimmer, usually gas powered (but some are electric). Also known as a "weed whacker" by some.
-Andrea
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

At Kirbstone Towers MOH does the mowing and I can wear what I like while that is going on and not get grass or weeds in my eye. Here on this damp bit of soil at this time of year the growth of weeds of all kinds goes into overdrive and one needs to recruit an army of helpers to maintain order round the grounds.
I tend to divide guests into thistle pullers on the right, nettle pullers to my left and somewhere in between, those with a wheelbarrow-driving qualification. We have plenty of wheelbarrows and not enough willing hands to drive them.

My skills lie elsewhere.....I can do a killer G&T or Pimms for those on the terrace just gawping, but today, axe in hand I slew a couple of decent-looking pallets and severed the nice bits from the thick ugly bits, stitched the nice bits together in a new shape and Bingo!, a new seven and a half foot gate into the Lake area to effectively keep toddler great-offsprings safe. Thole pins and hinges in place and the thing swung before the voracious midges had me for hors douvres.

Couldn't help noticing the riot of simultaneous blossom....Rhododendrons, bluebells, Clematis, Wisteria, Lilac, May, chestnut, apple, laburnum &c &c. A great time to be in the garden.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

Nude is best of course, but I was wearing a Purple Rain "kilt" today when I was mowing the lawn and my wife and I were planting some landscape plants around our back yard. Hot and sweaty today in Florida but I was feeling pretty good and ventilated.
Regular Guy

Post by Regular Guy »

FLbreezy wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:04 pm Nude is best of course, but I was wearing a Purple Rain "kilt" today when I was mowing the lawn and my wife and I were planting some landscape plants around our back yard. Hot and sweaty today in Florida but I was feeling pretty good and ventilated.
Being from Florida I can totally relate to the above….. In fact wearing my Purple Rain blue kilt as I read your post. And, I got to enjoy a noticeable cool breeze while I was at my garage bench this morning. I thought to myself, “Now THAT is why I love wearing kilt/skirts in this warm weather.”..

RG.
Just a ......‘Regular Guy’ .......Kilted or Skirted
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Ray wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:45 pm Moon, you eat weeds?

Cheers

Ray
Well, I confess to being a weed eater. I just picked some Warrigal greens or Botany Bay spinach (Tetragonia tetragonioides), which is coming up around the place as a weed. I used it in a recent batch of spanakopita and as needs to be blanched to remove oxalates. However it doesn't make me gas powered.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

One man's weed is another's sustenance or even medicine, the difference is in the know how is all.
As a kid, we called dandelions, "pee the beds" and now I actually know why.
Going back to the title, yup there is deep joy in doing most stuff in a skirt but we should all be aware of that around here.
As for our unenlightened brethren, we can show the way but we cannot help those who will not help themselves.
Steve.