Fashion brand ClHu — Clothes for Humans

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Fashion brand ClHu — Clothes for Humans

Post by crfriend »

lithaborn wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:14 pmIt's an odd one, but then so am I 😁
Welcome to life in the Real World. It's vastly more complicated than we'd ever have thought it when we were in school! And it's wonderful all the same.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

Coder wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:36 pm This popped up on my Instagram today:

https://clhu.com

Perusing the site, you will find eye-wateringly expensive prices for what you get (basic pieces that could be had for $10-$30). However, they feature one guy in a skirt (or at least a guy-like person, not entirely sure):

https://clhu.com/products/utility-skirt ... 5493361871

Not a fan of the combo shorts+shirt, but then again, if this is what it takes for guys to try one and wear it, I'm all for it. But the price!!!!

I like the color combo of black+green+black, will have to give that combination a try.
You can get a skirt just like that one on Amazon for under $30 USD. I know I have bought lots of them.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

Sinned wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:54 pm FLb, I can't understand why you loathe skorts. The ones I have are super comfy and the built-in "knickers" are just as comfortable as normal underwear. Strange.
I've gotten better about them since I wrote that. I have a few that I really like and wear all the time now because the inside liner is not restrictive...if it fits tightly I really don't like them.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

lithaborn wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:24 pm
Darn! When I saw the product title and then description I was thinking - oooh a knee / above knee length skirt with cargo pockets and a hammer loop - sort of like if you took a pair of construction pants and converted them into a skirt.
What you've described there is a utilikilt. Can't recommend them highly enough for pocket space. I'm not the heavy lifting, construction type so can't say how they fare in that environment but for everyday wear they're terrific.
My only gripe with most utility kilts is they are heavy, like more heavy than a pair of jeans, more heavy than just a skirt with pockets. Other than that they're ok.
lithaborn

Post by lithaborn »

It's certainly heavy when I've got my phone, wallet etc packed in there. Unloaded it's lighter than a regular kilt.
Nunquam scienter normalis
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

I have some utility kilts that are very light. One is as light as thin skirt of same size,
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt
kiltguy1789

Post by kiltguy1789 »

For light weight , you couldn't beat the 5.11 Tactical Kilt, or the Mountain Hardwear hiking kilt. Both are now seemingly discontinued, or at least only rarely made available.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

kiltguy1789 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:31 pm For light weight , you couldn't beat the 5.11 Tactical Kilt, or the Mountain Hardwear hiking kilt. Both are now seemingly discontinued, or at least only rarely made available.
511 just came out with new kilts.

https://www.511tactical.com/?irclickid= ... 95&irgwc=1
lithaborn

Post by lithaborn »

kiltguy1789 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:31 pm For light weight , you couldn't beat the 5.11 Tactical Kilt, or the Mountain Hardwear hiking kilt. Both are now seemingly discontinued, or at least only rarely made available.
Agree with this. Mine is an offbrand Amazon 511 knock-off and I've loved it for almost a decade
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Curious as to which one you like better. Hiking kilt or 511?
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

I have two of the 5.11's, but they feel really bulky on like they used way more fabric in the pleats than needed. The weight of the fabric is ok, there's just too much of it.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

FLbreezy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:53 pm
I have two of the 5.11's, but they feel really bulky on like they used way more fabric in the pleats than needed. The weight of the fabric is ok, there's just too much of it.
You have a hiking skirt from Sportkilt. You like them better than your 511?
lithaborn

Post by lithaborn »

FLbreezy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:53 pm
Saying there's too much fabric in the pleats of a kilt feels the same as saying there's too much alcohol in this 16 year old malt whiskey.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

lithaborn wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:20 pm
FLbreezy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:53 pm I have two of the 5.11's, but they feel really bulky on like they used way more fabric in the pleats than needed. The weight of the fabric is ok, there's just too much of it.
Saying there's too much fabric in the pleats of a kilt feels the same as saying there's too much alcohol in this 16 year old malt whiskey.
In most of my kilts the fabric is soft and drapes/conforms...the material in the 5.11's is very stiff and does not, I guess that's what I was trying to say. The stiffness gives it a volume and it feels like there is too much unnecessary material there.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

FLbreezy wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:49 am
lithaborn wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:20 pm
FLbreezy wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:53 pm I have two of the 5.11's, but they feel really bulky on like they used way more fabric in the pleats than needed. The weight of the fabric is ok, there's just too much of it.
In most of my kilts the fabric is soft and drapes/conforms...the material in the 5.11's is very stiff and does not, I guess that's what I was trying to say. The stiffness gives it a volume and it feels like there is too much unnecessary material there.
Thanks for that. I’m not interested in stiff skirts er kilts. Just got a utility kilt in the mail. Sent from Pakistan which was a bit odd to me. Gonna try it out tomorrow