Wearing a skirt in Palm Springs.

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
gonetrialing

Wearing a skirt in Palm Springs.

Post by gonetrialing »

I'm heading to palm springs in May and want to wear a skirt the whole time and poss. women's shoes. Any advice. I'm Bearded with a bald head and at 52 been wanting to do this for many years.
If called hotels and most seem very open to it. Also may try and golf in a skirt if any courses allow it.
Graham
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Wearing a skirt in Palm Springs.

Post by Faldaguy »

You do not need anybody's permission to wear a skirt at any hotel; there 'might' be some private golf club rules on dress code -- but I doubt it addresses men in skirts, and it would be a wonderful test case if they did. However, I cannot imagine you will face any opposition what-so-ever regardless of venue. You may wish to pick both skirt and especially shoes, carefully for the weather though!

Don your skirts and enjoy.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I have worn skirts and dresses in both motels and high end hotels without any problems. As for golf courses once again you should not have any problems there either.
SO GO FOR IT!!!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

gonetrialing wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:12 pm If called hotels and most seem very open to it. Also may try and golf in a skirt if any courses allow it.
Sounds like not all hotels seemed open to it? It would be strange for an organisation to not be encouraging a potential booking, unless one encountered a bigotted employee who personally has nothing to lose.

I would imagine that golf courses are a bastion for short skirts ............. I suppose that would also apply to Palm Springs generally.

Don't ask unless you already know the answer.
Remember, the shortest possible answer is the most difficult to comprehend.
gonetrialing wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 11:12 pm I'm heading to palm springs in May and want to wear a skirt the whole time
Yes, just do it and enjoy yourself.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

So go for it.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Yeah, you shouldn't have to call hotels ahead of time - you are just wearing regular clothes. I suppose if you were cosplaying or, erm, something that wasn't appropriate to wear in public, some hotels might object (I suppose there are fancy ones out there that expect a certain "decorum"). But I mean... just look at goths. They probably wear the fringest of fringe clothes - I've seen them in all parts of society - a guy wearing a skirt as a guy isn't nearly as shocking.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

No stiletto heels on the green, though!
Paul

Post by Paul »

My wife and I are off to lanzarote this weekend, I’ve packed 8 different sarong & wrap skirts to wear for the week around the 5 star hotel and walks out and about, I don’t intend to ask for permission.
Always happy when wearing a skirt.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Never had a problem wearing sarongs ( folded lengthwise so it forms a knee length wrap skirt ) in any of the Canary Islands. Or pretty much any of the holiday places.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

denimini wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:16 am Sounds like not all hotels seemed open to it? It would be strange for an organisation to not be encouraging a potential booking, unless one encountered a bigotted employee who personally has nothing to lose.
Good point Denimini
The "bigotry" could be either way though.
I can imagine some UK hotels NOT allowing non trans male employees to wear skirts but being perfectly open to whatever a guest chooses.
As for a bigoted employee, the very diversity of hospitality employees would likely deter many of that nature.
Let's be honest, it is a strange old twilight zone that we live in anyway.
Steve.