skirted bus trip to town

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
eightofnine

skirted bus trip to town

Post by eightofnine »

My parents have gone visiting all day. Since they were and not going to be back home till late i decided to go out skirted. I thought i timed the bus but it was late so had to wait a while at the bus stop and ended up getting a bus that takes the scenic route . The guy in the seat in front did keep glancing back and did glance down at my denim skirt .Apart from that it went ok. the weather was nice to start of with .
I went straight to a clothing store (Primark) and bought some underwear .When i go out it has to be for a reason I can't just go out . The queue in primark was huge, usually when i go it's empty but Saturday mad busy .
Liverpool was bus with protest and people so i think i went unnoticed. Usually i'd have a walk round town for a bit but i wanted to get home before my parents so headed straight to the bus stop . The bus home was ok, the driver kept us waiting. Instead of driving off ,we waited which got me a little worried but it was nothing really .Sometimes they do that so they don't leave to early .
When i am on holiday I can wear a skirt no problems but when i am at home, every time i go out i get really nervous .I feel paranoid like people talking are they talking about me, or someone with their phone out i'm thinking are they taking photos of me .I know its ridiculous and once i'm out and settled I'm ok.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Re: skirted bus trip to town

Post by Faldaguy »

I am glad your day out went well and helped reassure you that your choice of attire is not a matter for others to dictate, but you get to choose. I also hope this helps bring you closer to declaring to your family that you prefer, at least sometimes, to wear skirts -- be it for comfort, style, or statement about conformity. It will certainly reduce the stress in your life when you can be open with your own interests, be it skirts or most anything else! Good luck, enjoy....
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

In the summer months, hardly anyone even notices a plain denim skirt on a man.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi 8of9
Well done and there is no one around here that will try to tell you that the early outings are not nerve wracking.
What you may not realise is that by using the bus, you have achieved even more. Most people don't think of buses as sociable but they really are.
More so if it is serving a local community.
I started by using my car and that was not easy, the graduation to the bus took some time longer. Nowadays, the bus is my preferred mode and I'd even go so far as to say that my circle of friends and acquaintances has widened as a result.
Must ask, is your username inspired by another legendary voyager?
Steve.
PS Stu is correct about denim but hey, who wants to stay invisible?
eightofnine

Post by eightofnine »

I've been out a few times, its just i worry about my parents finding out . They know all about me wearing a skirt but they only tolerate it . They refused to go out with me wearing a skirt and we had an argument about it . I love to go on cruises and i try to cram as much skirt wearing in as i can . Also i am a big star trek my user name is after seven of nine from star trek voyage/star trek Picard.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Only suitable reply is "Live Long and Prosper" or Perhaps, "Boldly go" etc.
Steve.