International SKIRT Day

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

International SKIRT Day

Post by r.m.anderson »

It is coming -
Just around the corner -
It is no longer just for women -

INTERNATIONAL SKIRT DAY

Thursday March 10th

LINKS:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=INTERNATI ... a35f780b3b

No this is not a late Mardi Gras event -
So get those skirts out of mothballs and prepare for this event -
Here at the SkirtCafe it is an everyday event - - -
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: International SKIRT Day

Post by STEVIE »

Everyday in my world too.
I was told by a female colleague today that she couldn't imagine me wearing trousers.
Accepted as compliment too.
Steve.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

I like that they clearly say:
How to Celebrate International Skirt Day
Pretty simple, as you might imagine! Male or female, dig into your wardrobe (or your partner’s!) and find a skirt to wear, and go about your day adorned in it.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

It also coincides with National Bagpipes Day, National Pack Your Lunch Day and National Wig Day. I am sure that some will be able to combine at least 2 celebrations.
I will dig out something special.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
stephanie53

Post by stephanie53 »

denimini wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:53 am It also coincides with National Bagpipes Day, National Pack Your Lunch Day and National Wig Day. I am sure that some will be able to combine at least 2 celebrations.
I will dig out something special.
As much as i'd love to participate, work will not permit it. As far as the other things on this day, I can do 3 of them. Sorry no Bagpipes
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Skirt Day, it appears that there enough "Days" in March to send the hare beyond madness.
Today, is International Dress day so that settles on point for me anyway, but which?
All very silly but we need that too!
Steve.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

Forecast here for 10 March is 3-13C, so f**king cold. I don't really have any skirts suitable for that kind of weather.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Put something on underneath that skirt - at least keep the outward appearance up to our skirtcafe standards - LOL !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

rode_kater wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:09 pm Forecast here for 10 March is 3-13C, so f**king cold. I don't really have any skirts suitable for that kind of weather.
Wear tights or stockings, you can also wear half slips to add warmth. Wear longer skirts. There is no need to be cold. I have be in Colorado in -5F with just a skirt and no slip the skirt I wore was ankle length and did a wonderful job of keeping me warm.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
e2k2houck

Post by e2k2houck »

you will be alright, I live in Colorado and wear my skorts hiking 14ers in my hiking skirts. I've been wearing my skirts every day all winter with temps down to 1*F without being cold. I do wear knee length wool socks when its that cold.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

rode_kater wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:09 pm Forecast here for 10 March is 3-13C, so f**king cold. I don't really have any skirts suitable for that kind of weather.
3-!3C isn't terribly cold I'm afraid to say.
-13-3C would be a different story but tights and underskirts really insulate.
Forecast here is a high of 8C and windy, I had intended wearing a flared skirt and may still do.
Just need to wear a long coat on top.
Steve.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:51 pm
Wear tights or stockings, you can also wear half slips to add warmth. Wear longer skirts. There is no need to be cold. I have be in Colorado in -5F with just a skirt and no slip the skirt I wore was ankle length and did a wonderful job of keeping me warm.
I know what you mean, I've got the leggings, that's not the problem. My problem is more that because it's winter I wear a coat and that adds a lot to the top-half, which for me produces a very unbalanced look. It might work if I paired it with a long skirt, but all the long skirts I have are basically, t-shirt material or thinner. And longer skirts are annoying on a bike if you don't have a low frame.

Women tend to have more tailored and longer coats to combat this problem.

I actually went to the second-hand store last week to see if I could get something appropriate and I get the impression they've been cleared of every item that had any thickness at all. Probably related to the events happening to the east of here.
miloshlavka
Distinguished Member

Post by miloshlavka »

I think that such weather is too cold maybe for equatorial countries (or in the summer season).
It was about -8°C this mornig here (fortunatelly windlessness), it's relatively normal in this season in the Central Europe. I wore a long brown skirt.
Everyone should be honest and prudent: to keep promises and, on principle, never to promise anything to anyone.
Sorry for my English. I try not to make spelling mistakes, but for this reason my writing is very slow.

Miloš H., Nový Knín, Central Bohemia
skirtpettiman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtpettiman »

To keep warm in cold weather simply wear petticoats. I always do and it works a treat.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

skirtpettiman wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:20 amTo keep warm in cold weather simply wear petticoats.
Indeed, long heavy skirts paired with petticoats indeed work the trick and I've got rigs I'm perfectly happy in down to -5 or -10 Fahrenheit.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!