International SKIRT Day

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: International SKIRT Day

Post by STEVIE »

Forecast here is around 9C with 30% chance rain and windspeed up to 40 MPH.
Just about to get me porridge and ready for work.
Ok so bang goes the flippy mini and in with a checked knee knee length straight skirt.
As I will be in a relatively warm environment all day, very heavy skirts are not a great idea.
I may top it with a maxi coat that serves exceptionally well in such weather.
We'll see, HAPPY SKIRT DAY whether you wear on or not!
Steve.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Roughly the same weather here Stevie!
It'll be the beige mid-thigh length skirt for golf (deep pockets front and back - the same one I had on at our Glasgow meet) this morning with black tights and a royal blue sweatshirt!
It's a 12 hole comp but I might just continue and play all 18 holes after adding my score on the confuser.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Well, I had an invitation for dinner (supper) and was going to wear something special but ended up running out of time with half a mix of mortar I didn't want to waste. I just donned a denim mini and shirt I had worn out to a meeting the day before and rushed off. So the skirt I wore most of the International Skirt Day was a ragged dusty little number with an untucked shirt to prevent stone chips and mortar getting caught at the waist.
Sorry folks, I hope others could do better but at least I was in a skirt.
dirty-work_P3064105crm.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

Seems OK to me. I've just been shopping in my dark blue denim A-line skirt and a black jacket. I wore it with a kilt belt, which has a large metal roundel on the front, but I haven't decided whether it looks better without.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I am wearing a navy blue knee length skirt with a charcoal gray top.
Did a couple of chores in town to day including a trip to the post office and grocery shopping. No comments good or bad, no odd looks either.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I celebrated International Skirt Day in my burgundy velvet Mouse Works skirt with a white ruffled shirt and black waistcoat atop. It's a revisit of a look I worked long ago and that's in my Pics and Looks thread, but it hasn't lost a bit of its charm at all. I may actually do this again when my lady friend from down south visits me next month.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

That blockwork promises well, Anthony and I can see that you needed to get to the top & use up all that freshly mixed mortar. Your working mini is extremely short, but I expect your Aussie climate favours it.

Unlike you pampered Scots, Stevie & SkT, we had at best 6 deg. Centipede here with 40+ Km/H winds. I took three hours of bright midday time off work (Looking down-in-the-Mouth) to do some essential repairs to our domestic boathouse floor (rotted) and rowboat (stern bungs) preparatory to a 'Sausage Sizzle' down there for our 10 year-old birthday Granddaughter and her brownie friends later on today. I didn't have time to go unbifurcated, alas.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Kirbstone wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:17 am I didn't have time to go unbifurcated, alas.
Tom
Alas indeed, my good man, such deprivation in the midst of splendour is most vexing methinks.
I trust that your efforts and sacrifice were well appreciated .
Just to add, that my own contribution to ISD was even more comfortable, the coat remained unbuttoned and the breeze ensured that the skirt was on good display to all and sundry.
Today, tis a dress for the office and a convivial engagement on the eventide.
Steve.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Post-Covid (if one can breathe that idiom) first domestic party for g'daughter's 10th milestone went without a hitch, thanks in no small measure to a two-hour weather window during which the planned lakeside sausage sizzle took place and some boating was done, to boot, so my repair efforts down there were not wasted.
Granddaughter has her hand on the bow at the island, after some future Olympian rowers managed to get the boat that far. Such an event at home keeps you young !

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

And anything that keeps us young -- I'm all for it! For those who missed the opportunity to celebrate in style International Skirt Day, there appears to be another opportunity: May 1st.

https://www.angelfire.com/md3/nancyew/MIS_Day.htm

This has probably been posted on the site a few times before, and I do not know if there has been annual recognition for the past couple of decades, but the thoughts do not seem to have changed -- so we may need to stay young for a good long time yet!
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Good golly a chance for an instant-replay and maybe under better weather for some.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

and just men in skirts ............. women will have to wear pants ........ oh, they do anyway
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia