Klasica Cigar Wrap Skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Klasica Cigar Wrap Skirt

Post by Coder »

Apparently sold as a men's skirt:

https://loom-osaka.com/en/collections/k ... ramie-iron

Sold out - actually I'm shocked, at $388!! I'm wondering who bought this skirt.

Construction-wise, this would be an easy skirt to make, especially if you could find a cheap pleated skirt that's a few sizes too big.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Klasica Cigar Wrap Skirt

Post by STEVIE »

Coder wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:18 pm Construction-wise, this would be an easy skirt to make, especially if you could find a cheap pleated skirt that's a few sizes too big.
Too true and just another example of "manskirt" carrying a completely spurious cost premium.
On could probably get very similar at better value just by popping across the aisle.
When it comes to who bought, fools, money and parted are words springing to mind.
Steve.
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

How can it cost 388 when the garment is unfinished , there are threads hanging from the hem!

John
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

john62 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:19 am How can it cost 388 when the garment is unfinished , there are threads hanging from the hem!
John
Hi John
That would be the avant garde design element to satisfy the demands of the rich folks wishing to emulate their legendary emperor's new ensemble.
Steve.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Some men might be willing to pay a premium for the psychological satisfaction of "legitimately" wearing a skirt. Perhaps they carry the docket in the pocket.
I think for now we stick to the wrong side of the aisle .......... it is OK, unlike the wrong side of the road.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Looking at some of the other offerings there are an awful lot of items out of stock! I looked at the Unisex/Women's category and the look seems more closer to grunge than not. Nothing there that I would wear and precious few skirts, to boot.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.