Windsor Tweed Suit

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Windsor Tweed Suit

Post by STEVIE »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:37 pm One a German Shepard that sheds like a house a fire but he loves me and the feeling is also mutual
I love "Shepherds" too Fred but I get along with cats too.
You could always get his excess hair made into new skirt.
Read once about it being done with a wolf's so I guess it would be possible.
Steve.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Our three cats are vermin control as we keep grain and foodstuffs for donkeys and poultry, so rats need to be kept off limits. One of these cats is very sociable and likes protracted cuddling.

Our five dogs are 'security staff' and have successfully kept the low-lifes off the premises since we came here 22 years ago. The two b&w collies don't really count, but a large-ish mongerel black retriever contributes. Top of the pile though are our German Shepard and even larger Caucasian Shepard.

I'm nuts about each and every one of them, but alas their lifespans are in the teens at best, so one must learn to say goodbye and love the replacement(s) anew. I have somewhere a lovely pic of four of ours sunning themselves by the front door. Alas all have now passed on.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Here's what formed my feelings toward german shepherds.

As a young teen I delivered newspapers. Someone opened their door to get the paper and a german shepherd came running out after me, barking fiercely. The owner called out, "Don't worry, he won't bite." Then it took a big bite out of my leg. At least the dog owner paid the doctor bill.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Jim,

What a ghastly experience and wasn't that owner criminally irresponsible to have allowed that happen. In my home town we had a family of near neighbours who were numerous and 'difficult'. One of them acquired a German Shepherd and not long afterwards I had occasion as a boy to talk to this one about a fishing matter.
While the conversation was underway in their yard the dog slinked silently away out of my view, but came up behind me and bit me in the calf. I suspect the guy I was talking to saw him and didn't call him off.

As guard dogs we are currently on our fourth successive German Shepherd, but we have kept them each under strict control and nobody has had any problem with them. Hard to believe that our current example is a very affectionate playful cuddly creature.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Not tweed but I think this one looks OK for a skirt suit. It is a size 8 (Aus, UK) I would need a size 10 skirt and a size 14 top. It reminds me of the problem my partner Heather had, as she had polio as a child and one foot ended up smaller than the other so always 2 pair of shoes were required. We never found anyone with the opposite combination.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

denimini wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:34 am I would need a size 10 skirt and a size 14 top.
Hi Denimini
Keep your eyes peeled for the "Skruit" which will grace our establishment quite soon.
It may well be able to meet that specification.
Steve.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

denimini wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:34 am It reminds me of the problem my partner Heather had, as she had polio as a child and one foot ended up smaller than the other so always 2 pair of shoes were required. We never found anyone with the opposite combination.
I seem to remember hearing about a service for getting mismatched shoe sizes, something online maybe? Worth looking in to if you are in that situation.

Most people's feet are a little different. Mine are about a half size off from each other. Close enough I can do one pair and it works out fine for most styles. Didn't even realize they were different for some time... When there are laces I can just snug them both up and not notice. With slip-on styles one pops of easy and/or the other is a bit snugger than I'd like. Wearable, but not ideal.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

denimini wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:34 am Not tweed but I think this one looks OK for a skirt suit. It is a size 8 (Aus, UK) I would need a size 10 skirt and a size 14 top.
This is an issue for many guys buying things designed for women that have both to and bottom, either connected like a dress, or something like a suit.

This is another reason I've started coordinating men's tops with skirts, instead of trying for the suit look.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Dust wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:51 pm This is an issue for many guys buying things designed for women that have both to and bottom, either connected like a dress, or something like a suit.
As I said I am working on a solution, see above!
Steve.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Dust wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:51 pm denimini wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:34 am
Not tweed but I think this one looks OK for a skirt suit. It is a size 8 (Aus, UK) I would need a size 10 skirt and a size 14 top.
That is a nice boucle sort of style suit - on trend again - a bit like the tv show clueless... although the skirts are a bit shorter on the current today versions. I have a white/ivory boucle skirt suit, from last season - imitation wrap mini skirt and double breasted jacket style with gold buttons/hardware.
Dust wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:51 pm This is an issue for many guys buying things designed for women that have both to and bottom, either connected like a dress, or something like a suit.
I think this is true even if you have the curves - I have a good figure (not that I'm trying to be snobby etc - but case in point I am able to wear any style - but I struggle with dresses/separates too for different reasons again. I think fully coordinated/fitted one pieces are difficult for any shape.... especially if they are tailored. We have so much variety in our shapes.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Here is a skirt suit with a short jacket. Linen too.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Wow, I usually love linen, but that’s a pretty croppy top.
stephanie53

Post by stephanie53 »

Wow I love that. Where did you find that? I'd like to add that to my wardrobe
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

denimini wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:01 pm Here is a skirt suit with a short jacket. Linen too.
That's an interesting outfit, even though I'm not a fan of cropped tops.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
miloshlavka
Distinguished Member

Post by miloshlavka »

JeffB1959 wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:29 am
denimini wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:01 pm Here is a skirt suit with a short jacket. Linen too.
That's an interesting outfit, even though I'm not a fan of cropped tops.
Very interesting. It seems to me that this top is cut off by Saint Martin of Tours (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_of_Tours) in order to help a beggar. According to a well-known legend. :)
Everyone should be honest and prudent: to keep promises and, on principle, never to promise anything to anyone.
Sorry for my English. I try not to make spelling mistakes, but for this reason my writing is very slow.

Miloš H., Nový Knín, Central Bohemia