Windsor Tweed Suit

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Windsor Tweed Suit

Post by Grok »

Bodycon wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:15 pm
Coder wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 4:10 pm As I've been paying much more attention to this, I've seen the ratio of shirt height to skirt length flipped on occasion
A ready made look for you?
Velma_Dinkley.png
I recall an online article I came across regarding women's tunics. It seems that these may be worn as mini-dresses, but may worn over shorts/trousers, or skirts. Conceivably, someone might substitute a tunic for a traditional jacket, worn over skirt and dress shirt.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Grok wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:15 pm I recall an online article I came across regarding women's tunics. It seems that these may be worn as mini-dresses, but may worn over shorts/trousers, or skirts. Conceivably, someone might substitute a tunic for a traditional jacket, worn over skirt and dress shirt.
I have a tunic-length sweater that I wear over jeans. On a shorter person it could be a dress, but on me worn that way would be scandalous. I feel like it's my "stealth skirt", but sadly that's only in my head. I doubt others see it as that.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

I was thinking of a tunic over a skirt of at least knee length.

I was trying to think outside the box. Well, actually, two boxes, women's skirt suits, and traditional mens (trouser) suits.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Grok wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:24 pm I was thinking of a tunic over a skirt of at least knee length.

I was trying to think outside the box. Well, actually, two boxes, women's skirt suits, and traditional mens (trouser) suits.
When you say tunic - are you referring to a button up (like a cardigan) or something you have to pull over your head?

And yeah, I really wish the sweater was just a bit longer. I’m going to try wearing it one day with fleece-lined skinny jeans to see how it works, perhaps a pair of leggings.
Last edited by Coder on Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

A sort of dress like garment that you may very well pull over your head.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Think Little Black Dress but in different colours. Can be long or short sleeved.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Of course, one could flip the ratio again and combine a short jacket with a longer skirt.