gender-inclusive skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
K_Highlander

gender-inclusive skirt

Post by K_Highlander »

I was web browsing and happened on a skirt at Nordstrom, that looked like a man was modeling.
The tattoos, and the legs kind of gave it away. I did not realize until I looked at the description that it was labeled as Gender Inclusive.
Here's a tiny url: tinyurl.com/2p8e3jth
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: gender-inclusive skirt

Post by Sinned »

S*d the black one. I liked the pink kilt that was being demonstrated. Elasticated waistband, adjustable fastening, nice baby pink colour. The only things missing are - pockets.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Using that TINY - I get linked back to this skirtcafe page

What is wrong here ?
Can't see your Pink or Black or other color ?

Nordstrom LINK to skirts ( a whole bunch of them 25 pages 80 or so to a page all types)

https://www.nordstrom.com/browse/women/ ... gin=topnav

SOLVED THE ISSUE:
Use this LINK: (Search gender inclusive skirt)

https://www.nordstrom.com/sr?origin=key ... ve%20skirt

ONLY two skirts shown on that page
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Brad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Brad »

This skirt looks very nice and practical. I am considering getting one. I commend Nordstrom for their gender neutral initiative, while conscious of the fact that Nordstrom is a profit making corporation and most likely the need for profits overrides their political views.

I am so disappointed by some of the reviews. There are several 1 star reviews. But only one is a comment on the product. The other comments were expressing disapproval with the concept.

It would be interesting to see if any male Nordstrom employees are wearing this skirt while working in their stores.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Is their size chart right? I have a 28" waist, and getting an XXS seems like a disaster in the making.
Brad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Brad »

To Coder,
This review on their site may help answer your question. Also, just a suggestion- perhaps order 2 sizes and then return the one that doesn't work.

"Was disappointed with this skirt. My waist size is a 28 and I followed the size chart that Nordstrom gave, when I tried on the skirt it was too small for me. If you're planning on buying this skirt you might wanna buy two sizes just in case. Also, i didn't like the quality of the skirt. It feels rough for me but that's just my opinion. Just a heads up."
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Brad wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:44 pm To Coder,
This review on their site may help answer your question. Also, just a suggestion- perhaps order 2 sizes and then return the one that doesn't work.

"Was disappointed with this skirt. My waist size is a 28 and I followed the size chart that Nordstrom gave, when I tried on the skirt it was too small for me. If you're planning on buying this skirt you might wanna buy two sizes just in case. Also, i didn't like the quality of the skirt. It feels rough for me but that's just my opinion. Just a heads up."
Yeah, saw that after I posted here :P It's not the most exciting of designs, but with free shipping, not terribly expensive either and hopefully buying one will boost their sales numbers a bit. I also watched the video - I like that it's a faux wrap with elastic, though laughed when the girl essentially said "the buckle doesn't do much". Having the wrap is a nice way of hiding the elastic waist on the front.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Size Chart for the kilt-skirt:
SIZE INFO
Waist sizing: XXS=28", XS=28.5-29.5", S=30-31.5", M=32-34", L=35.5-38.5", XL=39.5-43.5", XXL=44.5-48", 3XL=49-52", 4XL=52-55".

Hem length is 18 inches

Since this is sold by Nordstrom - I don't think any Asian sizing issues are going to be a problem.
And the wrap skirt does fasten with a clinch buckle on the right hip -
with the elastic back waist your fitting should be OK.

Recent purchase from Target similar skirt tried 3 sizes XXl XL and L settled on the L fits perfect LINK:
https://www.target.com/p/women-s-pleate ... nk=sametab

Blue Plaid - Pull-On - knife pleated bum - shorter hem at 16 inches - more of a summer skirt than the current season
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
WHY ?
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

I like the plaid one. Sensibly priced too! I also noticed that the unisex section is nice and colourful, not like the typical drab "gender neutral" colours that we've seen in the past.
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

r.m.anderson wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:41 pm ......

Recent purchase from Target similar skirt tried 3 sizes XXl XL and L settled on the L fits perfect LINK:
https://www.target.com/p/women-s-pleate ... nk=sametab

Blue Plaid - Pull-On - knife pleated bum - shorter hem at 16 inches - more of a summer skirt than the current season
I was almost sold on the Nordstrom skirt, then I noticed the political agenda, if you purchase a gender inclusive skirt ( there's only two) they will donate money to a trans group. Why if a man buys a skirt he gets pushed into the trans box? So I decided to skip it due to the agenda.
I took my money to Target and got the blue plaid skirt.
It's a little shorter than I preferred, but all In all I like it, it's a beautiful blue. I ended up settling for a xl, it has a fair amount Of elastic stretch. I about got a XXL, but I think it would have been too big. Luckily before going to Target I held a skirt along my arm, to use as a measure. So I could measure the skirt against my arm in store.
I chickened out, as far as originally I was going to try it on in a changing room. Target monitors changing rooms with staff, and I didn't really want to walk up to the clerk an ask if I could use a changing room, with a skirt in my hand.

Thank you R M for pointing out a neat skirt from Target.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

If type gender neutral in the search bar on their site, then it produces quite a few clothing items.

https://www.nordstrom.com/sr?origin=key ... 0inclusive

This dress comes up as well. https://www.nordstrom.com/s/bp-be-proud ... &color=660
vendeebeaches

Post by vendeebeaches »

I frequently visit our local clothing store (Primark) and use the monitored changing rooms to try on a variety of 'female' clothing and have never once had any member of staff say anything about my choices. Maybe the phrase "the customer is always right" applies to what they want to wear also :D
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

Encouraging stuff. Maybe this "gender inclusive" approach will catch on, other retailers will offer similar products and that will facilitate a shift in accessible fashions for guys. Time will tell.

We in the UK and Europe need to keep our eyes open for retailers offering something comparable.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:06 am I was almost sold on the Nordstrom skirt, then I noticed the political agenda, if you purchase a gender inclusive skirt ( there's only two) they will donate money to a trans group. Why if a man buys a skirt he gets pushed into the trans box? So I decided to skip it due to the agenda.
Why does it matter what they do with their money though? As long as the price is what you're willing to pay what's the problem? I'm more worried about whether child labour was used in its production.

The interesting thing about Nordstrom is that they apparently ship internationally and include the price of customs & VAT, so no sticker shock on arrival. They put it at €60 including delivery and all taxes, which isn't bad. I'm mean, it's double the retail price, but still.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

The interesting thing about Nordstrom is that they apparently ship internationally and include the price of customs & VAT, so no sticker shock on arrival. They put it at €60 including delivery and all taxes, which isn't bad. I'm mean, it's double the retail price, but still.

The only problem here is a fitting room is not included in the S & H taxes fees - - -
It a pain in the arse when the measurements are NOT in sync (theirs and yours) - - -
Return for refund or exchange is the pain issue
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
WHY ?