Has anyone worn skirt in Southern Ireland

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Skirted Geoff

Has anyone worn skirt in Southern Ireland

Post by Skirted Geoff »

I'm hiring a cruiser on Shannon in early summer and hope wear skirts while doing the tourist bits, going for meals etc. Has anyone any recent experience round that area, any problems encountered.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Has anyone worn skirt in Southern Ireland

Post by Kirbstone »

Geoff,
I know the area well, but from a rower's, canoeist's or sailor's point of view. For these activities I don't wear skirts, so I cannot help there. There's a 0.5% chance in early Summer of getting a few nanoseconds of sunshine, prompting the brave to don shorts. There's your chance to don something cool & unbifurcated.

Following the recent depressed times I'm sure any hostelry staff will be more than delighted to serve you, skirted or no.

A little anecdote from not so very long ago....A tourist arrived by cruiser at a little village shop in Co. Roscommon, on the West bank of the Shannon and asked for a newspaper. The shopkeeper apologized saying he only had yesterday's paper. The tourist said he needed to see today's paper, whereupon the shopkeeper helpfully advised him to 'come back tomorrow' when he'd have copies of it in stock!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !