Clinching Argument

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Clinching Argument

Post by Dust »

tbryant2k12 wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:48 pm It mostly comes down to females are seen as inferior to males. And any male who wears female clothes is seen inferior or trying to make males inferior. The real reason why men started wearing pants was due to war. Think one countries army that wore the traditional tunic garments was defeated by another army that wore pants.

In the end, the resistance is to protect "Manliness", that alpha male syndrome.
I don't think that's it at all. Maybe a rare few see it that way, but for most people, women are seen not as inferior, but as our betters. Our moral superiors. Remember, the people you can't criticize are the ones really in charge.

The idea that a woman's dress was not a walking prison but rather a walking palace was floated over a century ago (see G. K. Chesterton's 1910 book, What's Wrong with the World, Part 3, chapter V). I think some women despise skirts and dresses because feminists tell them to, but many love them and want to keep them to themselves.

We are up against both sides. The traditionalists who don't want men to wear such things because they are women's, and the feminists who can't fathom why anyone would want to wear them at all.

Fortunately, some people are more reasonable (and dare I say it, "open minded"?), but both those attitudes persist. Occasionally in the same person... Does it make sense? No, but nothing feminism teaches does. If they don't make women victims of something, they may lose some power. If they admit women have privilege, they may need to share that privilege, especially in this age of equality, as men have shared theirs.