Men's Skirt Brand Launch

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Men's Skirt Brand Launch

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

I think it's not a bad look, but the prices are a bit of a deterrent for us downunder, at $USD 149, that's $AUD 204, then add shipping to the other side of the planet, add another $AUD 55 at least, thanks to the $USD to $AUD exchange rate.

Add that to the fact that the US is not forwarding outbound mail at all at the moment... I've got one item that been sitting at Chicago after having cleared outbound customs since September 24.....
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Aussie, maybe it's claimed asylum and is living in a squat and raising a family! :roll:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

They look not bad for guys in skirts... (in my humble opinion)
Nice to see some smooth legs (ha ha I'm so biased in that space)

I do think some outfit/ensemble ideas/images should coexist because it would help with styling and style evolution for wearers or want to be wearers to make a transition/purchase.

The pics I think are largely styled from womens trends with sneakers/light coloured sporty casual sort of shoes - and the ankle boots are womens I suspect.. but the 'look' is not bad and not too feminine - for the average wearer to feel good about themselves. I think footwear and a basic shell top are the key ingredients to an outfit - and some effort should be made there.

Interesting - but I fear pricing and lack of context/illustration of how it would look as outfits/coordinations will limit sales.

NZF
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

The boot pics are of a woman. The nails have nail varnish on, the skirt sits on hips, and the legs are bare. Contrast that with the pics with white trainers. Hairy legs, plain nails.

Just saying.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Hey you are right ... good spotting... spot on.... duh

I also looked at their instagram thingy and it really hinges on skirts for men, women and all....

So the fact that they are trying to make it unisex? I'm not sure that is best for their brand?

Make good skirts for both body shapes... cause the target markets wear skirts differently and are looking for different styling and fit options.

Enough said I suppose.... but its getting a little closer.

NZF
Layne

Post by Layne »

I’ll give one a try and let you know what I think.
Last edited by Layne on Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Layne wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:48 am I’ll give one a trundle let you know what I think.
A review would be helpful for sure...
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

Apparently, these folks are listening. I just checked out their website and saw there were pictures of male and female models wearing the skirts with tops and jackets and men with shaved legs. (I still say ankle socks and men's shoes simply do NOT belong with skirts, no matter who's wearing them, but that's me.)

I wouldn't pay $149 for a skirt, but if I weren't perfectly happy with 2nd hand clothes I'm pretty sure I would quickly find out that US$149 isn't much for a good quality skirt. That's the real question; how good are these little numbers? Starting with, the quality of the material and whether or not they are lined.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

A good design at last and the side pleats allow it hang well, with a plain back for sitting on. I personally would prefer slash pockets to the little ones at the back and at $149 the price probably says it's nicely tailored out of good quality material. One would have to factor in carriage and Excise costs as well.
On the model it looks like it's about 22" drop to the hem, which would be OK. Pics look a tad photoshopped, like they have been montaged on, not actually being worn.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
MrSoapsud

Post by MrSoapsud »

Coder wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:12 pm I was suspecting Canada, but yeah, I tend to like to know where I’m buying from. If a retailer doesn’t list a location, I’l less likely to purchase (especially at those prices).
If you dig in the T&Cs you find "These Terms of Service and any separate agreements whereby we provide you Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong."
Martin
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Ah, so that answers the question of source. Just remember that the Asian inch is 10% shorter than ours. Fact.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Sinned wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:44 pm Ah, so that answers the question of source. Just remember that the Asian inch is 10% shorter than ours. Fact.
Is that the rule?
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Well, of course. Have you bought something from China and found that it doesn't quite fit? Out of a sample of one I purchased a net body thing and despite being advertised as a 16 it was more like a size 8. Case proved.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Kirbstone wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:19 am A good design at last and the side pleats allow it hang well, with a plain back for sitting on. I personally would prefer slash pockets to the little ones at the back and at $149 the price probably says it's nicely tailored out of good quality material. One would have to factor in carriage and Excise costs as well.
On the model it looks like it's about 22" drop to the hem, which would be OK. Pics look a tad photoshopped, like they have been montaged on, not actually being worn.

Tom
The flat back thing has been done before. I have a few 511 Tactical utility kilts that were made that way. Much lighter weight and rather practical. I see it as a plus.

They do look like a good length, and at $150, they are still cheaper than a new Utilikilt. Not that I buy mine new anymore, mind you. But I did once, and paid about that. That was before the prices went up to where they are now. I would like to know more about quality before buying one of these.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Pdxfashionpioneer wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:24 am...(I still say ankle socks and men's shoes simply do NOT belong with skirts, no matter who's wearing them, but that's me.)
While I think some men's shoes can work, I'm in complete agreement on the socks. No show, to the knee, or top not visible. I own almost no crew socks anymore. I have some for hiking (and some I never wear anymore, and would only wear with pants if I did), but that's about it.