Men's Skirt Brand Launch

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
denfailemp

Men's Skirt Brand Launch

Post by denfailemp »

Hey guys! You'll remember some time back when I asked for advice about how to make great skirts for men. I hope you'll forgive this promotional posting, but I'm excited to announce the fruits of this labour - the launch of Acton Apparel, a D2C brand that makes the best skirts for men, women, all, in a week's time.

Check us out at actonapparel.com, or https://www.instagram.com/actonapparel/.

Can't wait to see what you guys think!
Uncle Al

Re: Men's Skirt Brand Launch

Post by Uncle Al »

I don't use Instagram.
Do you have it listed at another location other than Instagram :?:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

denfailemp wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:31 am Hey guys! You'll remember some time back when I asked for advice about how to make great skirts for men. I hope you'll forgive this promotional posting, but I'm excited to announce the fruits of this labour - the launch of Acton Apparel, a D2C brand that makes the best skirts for men, women, all, in a week's time.

Received your email yesterday! Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing products for sale.
Bodycon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bodycon »

denfailemp wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:31 am Hey guys! You'll remember some time back when I asked for advice about how to make great skirts for men. I hope you'll forgive this promotional posting, but I'm excited to announce the fruits of this labour - the launch of Acton Apparel, a D2C brand that makes the best skirts for men, women, all, in a week's time.

Website not yet launched, nothing to see on Instagram.

You should have waited till there was something to look at, or provided something.

Remind us again when you are ready.....
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

Your off to a good start,
Hope to see more for you as u get going
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Don't have an instagrab login.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Sinned wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:07 pm Don't have an instagrab login.
Me neither and I can't be bothered creating yet another fake account (I am a real person at Skirt Cafe).
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Sherkhan

Post by Sherkhan »

Me - I do forums, other forms of social media I mostly ignore.
No instagram, cobwebs on facebook, etc :)
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

What do I think? I think your website isn't ready, oh, I also think, no, know that I don't do Instagram.
Hmmm!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

We are not known for over-reliance on social media here, mainly because most of it is actually anti-social.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Today, I received an email from and about this company.
Their website, https://actonapparel.com/, is up and running but,
their pricing is out of left field. I can, almost, purchase two(2)
Still Water Kilts for the price of one(1) of their skirts. :(

If the "NEW" company wants to attract attention to, and for, their
products, their pricing needs to be enticing to the general public.

I really like the skirt-suit 'look' but I can create that look with
'off-the-peg' items for less money than one of their skirts.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

FWIW, I applaud their efforts. While their prices are high... they aren't as high as say, Thom Browne, and are inline with other fashion retailers (Nordstrom, Anthropologie, etc...). Are they priced for everyone, or even a lot of people here? Not really. But, I think they nailed the styles, just my opinion. Are they exciting or ground breaking designs you couldn't find via the second market? Many here would say "no", but then again, my guess is the people they are aiming for wouldn't set foot in that kind of a shop. Plus, if they had been $75, for some that would still be too high.

I guess what I'm saying is - if my budget were higher I'd go for the Adjustable Wrap skirt.

However... their website...

1) no rollover styles for size chart link - nor is there any indication it is a link... which is interesting as it looks like a Shopify site and you'd think Shopify would have these things covered
2) where they have links with an underline, the rollover state does not show a lot of contrast (this and the previous issue could be custom styles misapplied)
3) Model photos for each skirt just show the lower torso and footwear. One thing that I look at companies is to get suggestions on what would pair well with something, would appreciate full outfits modeled in the future. Budgets as they are, I can understand if they were limited in photography... also, no casual photos which I think is a shame.
4) I think they have a bad email listed on their shipping page - it ends in a domain that isn't registered anywhere: adonix-apparel.com.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Nice to see the website working now, the skirts look okay but I must admit I would like something more cargo skirty- phone, pager, wallet, stuff, I need a few pockets. Also the prices are too high for me. I like that there is a new company making skirts for men and hope they succeed.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

Looking at their website, I couldn't find where Acton Apparel is based (though probably it's in the US, because in the UK the word apparel is a rarity except in poetical or biblical contexts). So although the prices include worldwide carriage, buyers can't know whether they will also be hit for customs duty, customs clearance fees, VAT etc.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

I was suspecting Canada, but yeah, I tend to like to know where I’m buying from. If a retailer doesn’t list a location, I’l less likely to purchase (especially at those prices).