Unique fabrics

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Unique fabrics

Post by Freedomforall »

This showed up in my feed and I decided to browse their shop. I quite fancy the patterns, but the pricing leaves me out.

https://riannaandnina.com/collections/skirts-all
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Unique fabrics

Post by STEVIE »

Yeah FFA,
"Unique" will always come at a price but I kind of like your taste.
Steve
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

:red:
STEVIE wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:36 pm Yeah FFA,
"Unique" will always come at a price but I kind of like your taste.
Steve
:yellow: Why thank you kindly!
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

They are cheerful which is always a welcome attribute these days but us menfolk can be unique by wearing a common and garden dress, at a fraction of the cost.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Unique, handmade and cheerful (and a mini skirt, Yay!) at less cost.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

denimini wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:07 am They are cheerful which is always a welcome attribute these days but us menfolk can be unique by wearing a common and garden dress, at a fraction of the cost.
Denimini
I could not agree more on the benefits of cheap and cheerful in these woe begotten times.
However, in best cafe tradition if I were being my own singularly, individual and peculiarly pedantic self, I'd be tempted to question your usage of "unique"?
Please be assured that my tongue is currently and firmly adhering to my cheek.
Steve
Just one more thought, that could be called a "St. Clement's" skirt.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Not the sort of nursery rhyme one would relate to kids at bedtime these days ...... I hope.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I don't know, I;d happily apply the last lines to these "Insulation Rebellion" [0] loony tunes supergluing various parts of their anatomy to motorways and other roads. I'm waiting for one of them to glue their private parts to the road and I would happily take them by the back of their jacket, cable tie their hands around the nearest ( almost ) immovable object and spray their clothes with some really objectionally smelly but non-lethal putrid liquid.

[0] For the past couple of months they have sitting themselves down on motorways and other main roads to hold up traffic requesting the government to insulate all homes in the country. The chances of that happening are as close to zero as it's possible to get without actually reaching it. And the fact that there are hypocrites among them driving gas-guzzlers and having poorly insulated homes. T here are also animal rights activists scaling government buildings wanting the government to put everyone on a vegan diet. Loony bins. Don't get me wrong, I like fruit and vegetables but I also like meat. And fish. So the chance of then getting me on a vegan diet is zero. Nothing against those vegans or vegetarians out there and I know that it would probably be better for my diabetes, but my diabetes is under control and something will kill me - as long as it isn't something long and painful.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Big Banner: I'm the last of the tree-huggers. Thou shalt not build a dual-carriageway through my favourite wooded glen. I digress.

Ghastly ostentatious patterns at Oligarch prices. I totally fail to see what direction some fashion houses are headed in.

'Quick and painless', Dennis......There was a dog trainer over here who bred what was undoubtedly the fastest greyhound in the Country, yet the dog never won a race. It would bolt out of the gate arriving in front at the first bend, but would run wide and allow the pack of other dogs to overtake him on the inside. He would then streak down the back straight easily outpacing all of them, only to again run wide at the final bend, always just failing to retake the lead at the finish line, so his trainer consulted a well-known expert about the problem.

The expert asked him if he had ever considered putting some lead in the dog's left ear, and the trainer admitted he'd never thought of that and asked how he might do that?

Wid a gun, ya eejit!!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !