What is the oldest skirt you own?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: What is the oldest skirt you own?

Post by denimini »

rivegauche wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:05 pm It's simply a Word file that lists them 001-999. The number limit is imposed by the filing of the JPEGs. I can go over 1000 but it will mess up the sequence.
I can understand the limitation now. I keep the details on a spreadsheet with one column where the cells link to a pic via my photo management software. I can view all the skirts on that program. It is quite handy keeping track as I can check sizing and dimensions of a brand before I buy, check wether I already have one or perhaps it was a bit large and the next size down would be perfect. There is still the challenge of finding a particular skirt in meatspace if it is not one of my favourites.
I have a date purchased column but I don't record date manufactured because most skirts are second hand and there is no way to know.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

For me, my oldest type of skirt is a blue lavalava and a yellow/brown/green lavalava which I picked up in the Solomon Islands in 1997, so 24 years old.
The white and yellow print has mostly worn off the blue lavalava but it is still in great condition and does get used occasionally.

These were my introduction to the wearing of unbifurcated items.
skirtpettiman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtpettiman »

This is the oldest skirt I currently own: a BHS (remember them?) denim skirt purchased in 2015. I don't wear it much anymore as I prefer midi length denim skirts these days. I used to own a couple of men's denim skirts from Midasclothing.com but they wore out.
26-05-16_0001.jpg
26-05-16_0003.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Oldest meaning the first one I bought, well that is appropriately the first one exhibited on my first pics & looks thread: viewtopic.php?p=110145#p110145

I still have it, though it is very faded and I've since bought a similar one. But I wore the old one just yesterday while mowing the grass.

Oldest meaning made first, well I don't know because so many have come via Ebay. But probably this one, judging by the style. I have a vague notion that it may have been described as 90s or even vintage: //www.skirtcafe.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=140186#p140186
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

A very fine skirt - I'm jealous!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
miloshlavka
Distinguished Member

Post by miloshlavka »

I got my oldest skirt as a gift from a friend about eight years ago (and he got it from another friend a few years before). I wore it practically only at home, or during an evening trip through the forest from a visit to my aunt in Borotice (a village about 7 or 8 km from our town), because at that time I still did not have the enough courage to wear skirts in public. Because it was my only skirt for a long time, it's worn out a lot, especially around the waist. So it's already such a memorable "skirt - pensioner". It deserves to be declared a historical monument. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Everyone should be honest and prudent: to keep promises and, on principle, never to promise anything to anyone.
Sorry for my English. I try not to make spelling mistakes, but for this reason my writing is very slow.

Miloš H., Nový Knín, Central Bohemia
Eborian
Distinguished Member

Post by Eborian »

A denim mini skirt that I bought about 15 years ago.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

miloshlavka wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:11 pm I got my oldest skirt as a gift from a friend about eight years ago (and he got it from another friend a few years before). I wore it practically only at home, or during an evening trip through the forest from a visit to my aunt in Borotice (a village about 7 or 8 km from our town), because at that time I still did not have the enough courage to wear skirts in public. Because it was my only skirt for a long time, it's worn out a lot, especially around the waist. So it's already such a memorable "skirt - pensioner". It deserves to be declared a historical monument. :D
Beautiful skirt!
miloshlavka
Distinguished Member

Post by miloshlavka »

Freedomforall wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:35 pm
miloshlavka wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:11 pm I got my oldest skirt as a gift from a friend about eight years ago... :D
Beautiful skirt!
My oldest skirt thanks You for Your compliment.
Everyone should be honest and prudent: to keep promises and, on principle, never to promise anything to anyone.
Sorry for my English. I try not to make spelling mistakes, but for this reason my writing is very slow.

Miloš H., Nový Knín, Central Bohemia