is this to short?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: is this to short?

Post by partlyscot »

I would have said yes, too short a few months ago, but now? I just walked back to my place from a block or so away, wearing a square cut grey denim skirt,(It was a skort but the lining was so uncomfortable I cut it out and used matching briefs) and it measure 13" as well, At my height it looks even shorter. I didn't happen to see anyone in that little trip, but I'd already decided it wasn't going to bother me. One thing it does do is make me stand up straight, any significant stooping really makes it more likely to cause exposure. (or at least it feels like it)
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

partlyscot wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:56 pm One thing it does do is make me stand up straight, any significant stooping really makes it more likely to cause exposure. (or at least it feels like it)
Ha, I like that.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
stephanie53

Post by stephanie53 »

There were items on both the top and bottom shelves, in both to food store and Home Depot. Did my best to not to stretch to much, and got down on my hands and knees acouple times. I wore pin panties yesterday. Maybe a couple smiles!
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

No underwear commentary please. We don’t do that on this forum.

Thanks
Pleats

Post by Pleats »

There is no such thing as a skirt that is too short :wink:
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

I guess the short answer is "depends"
And I don't mean the adult diapers.

Depends on what kind of attention you want, a skirt that short on a female or a male is going to attract attention.
It depends on if you want that attention or not.

In highschool girls in short skirts were viewed as easy or wanting Guy attention.
A guy in a short skirt could I guess could be viewed in the same way today. As out there or to some might consider it pervy. A accidental underwear flash, could be taken in the wrong way, and you might end up being detained.
There is also the hot surface, short skirt peril to consider.

Yes, I have a few short skirts, probably in the 16 inch range.
yes comfortable, great for lounging in the comfort of home.
However They will never see light in the public eye.
I don't care to get that much attention, whether viewed positively or negatively by peers or others.

Now at home or away from public eye, go for it wear that short skirt, wear the Depends too If one desires. I guess that depends on ones mood too.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I must say that a brief, accidental flash of underwear is unlikely to get you nabbed by the police. Firstly, it is that, brief. Hardly time for someone to register what they are seeing. Secondly, if the underwear is black then it would be virtually impossible to prove that underwear was seen and not shadow. It is really difficult to flash underwear when wearing a mini skirt. Thirdly, it is accidental, caused by some natural or accidental movement and thus the intent cannot be proved. Fourthly, unless there are several witnesses whose testimony is the same or photographic evidence is available, how do you prove a flash occurred? Fifthly, I doubt that an accidental flash is actually a crime!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Sinned wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:27 pm I must say that a brief, accidental flash of underwear is unlikely to get you nabbed by the police. Firstly, it is that, brief. Hardly time for someone to register what they are seeing. Secondly, if the underwear is black then it would be virtually impossible to prove that underwear was seen and not shadow. It is really difficult to flash underwear when wearing a mini skirt. Thirdly, it is accidental, caused by some natural or accidental movement and thus the intent cannot be proved. Fourthly, unless there are several witnesses whose testimony is the same or photographic evidence is available, how do you prove a flash occurred? Fifthly, I doubt that an accidental flash is actually a crime!
"BUTT DO A (French) CAN-CAN dance movement and watch the flashing raised to the "Nth" degree eyebrow level !

Look at ANYONE wearing a short skirt and it will be only a matter of time before some slight small indiscrete exposure is going to occur.
A difference of guilt if wearing the under-brief is in a bright contrasting color to the outer skirt - obvious intention to expose.

Hardly any matter for the authorities to make an issue unless deliberately done - provoking the scene - - -
Still some old school old maids prissy scolding such display - but the times are changing - the ever so rising and falling of the hem lines !
Presently buy when the skirts are short and sell when they are long (no profit in that mode) !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Sinned wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:27 pm I must say that a brief, accidental flash of underwear is unlikely to get you nabbed by the police. Firstly, it is that, brief. Hardly time for someone to register what they are seeing. Secondly, if the underwear is black then it would be virtually impossible to prove that underwear was seen and not shadow. It is really difficult to flash underwear when wearing a mini skirt. Thirdly, it is accidental, caused by some natural or accidental movement and thus the intent cannot be proved. Fourthly, unless there are several witnesses whose testimony is the same or photographic evidence is available, how do you prove a flash occurred? Fifthly, I doubt that an accidental flash is actually a crime!
For me that is a risk I don't care to take. The guy is usually labeled as the bad guy in a she said, he said case. All it takes is one women or child that for whatever reason doesn't like you or your skirt. And there's the potential of getting carted away. Once things are sorted out you would most likely get released. One still might labeled with some sort of court" sexual predator/pervert " tag I have heard several stories about that happening to people doing at the time what seemed like harmless fun. I don't condone " sexting" but I have heard of people getting a permanent record from doing so.

I have nothing to prove, no desire to attract attention to myself, get noticed, etc. whether positive or negative. I don't care to share that much leg with anyone. (Except for my wife) too bad she is anti skirt

Attracting attention, That is my biggest flustration with the tartan kilts, is they attract to much attention compared to a average knee length denim skirt. I sense far more eyes when wearing my tartan kilt than a denim skirt. I'd rather go all day in a kilt or skirt and get zero extra attention.
Last edited by mishawakaskirt on Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Are we all back in grade school again: I see London, I see France, I see Stephanies underpants -- all this imagined hulabaloo over what? I'm not even sure what the reason behind asking if it was too short, but we seem to have returned to kindergarten exhilirations. Guys, underwear is not a forbidden item. Why all the fears -- the imagined mocking from wearing a skirt or anything a bit "different" as most of us have found, is unfounded -- sorry for the bad pun. I'm usually in knee length or longer skirts, but I've certainly worn my share of very short ones too. I don't know if they turn more heads than the breezy, colorful, long ones I wear more often, but none of them bring much comment, reaction, and certainly not some gumboot with nothing better to do than say, 'hey buddy -- some lady says she saw your underwear". So, unless somebody out there has a case file and can say, yea -- I got fined, put in the slammer, or labeled a sex offender because somebody saw my underwear, let's drop the fantasy imaginary worries and get on with encouraging everyone to wear what they dang well please.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

I too find this topic a bit odd. Look what people wear for swimming. It's ok to walk like that in public, so seeing underwear cannot possibly be a problem. If anyone asks you can say it was a pair of swimmers. What are they going to do, check?

Here anyway. The law only forbids complete nudity, but in your underwear is fine. If someone complains you might get a police officer telling you that someone complained, but it's not illegal. If you wanted to actually enter a shop the shop gets to define the rules.

This did lead me to a site with 30 bizarre clothing rules (Dutch unfortunately) but there are some odd ones (no sources so cannot check the veracity).

Examples:
  • It is apparently (technically) illegal for a man to wear a skirt in Italy
  • In France you're only allowed to be topless around a swimming area
  • In Australia you can't wear pink pants on Sundays in some states (not true)
  • Miami apparently forbids men wearing strapless dresses?!? (oddly specific)
  • In Chigago you can't fish in your PJs
  • In Kentucky a women is not allowed to walk on the free-way in a bikini weighing between 40kg and 90kg unless accompanied by an official representative
So always check the local laws!
Last edited by rode_kater on Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

What is all of the fuss about? If you want to wear it then wear it!!
Go to the beach and see the women and some men wearing nothing but a few strings and a square inch of cloth, exposing 99% of their skin for all to view. If you wear a micro skirt wear it with pride, if you wear a mini-micro skirt same thing wear it with pride. If you bend over and show some undies so what, I have seen a lot of ladies undies in the grocery store as they bend over or kneel down to get things from the bottom shelves.
No one calls the law on them and if you do the same no one will call the law on you either.

So don't worry, be happy!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

misha, you are obviously entitled to your opinion on this but I do think that you are being melodramatic and over sensitive. Wearing underwear would be no problem, commando is one risk too many. I agree with the others that a mini skirt on a man would be no more of a problem than on a woman.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Sinned wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:26 pm a mini skirt on a man would be no more of a problem than on a woman.
Sorry Sinned but I'd rephrase that to read "should be no more of a problem than on a woman".
For starters to take what Mishawakaskirt said, we really don't have much of a clue about his environment so cannot rightly judge.
I'd agree with the commando thing but I was "reprimanded" at work for allegedly allowing a female colleague to catch a glimpse of my underwear. I do wonder how I might have been treated had I made the same complaint about her,
To everyone else, whether or not you care about it, as a guy in a skirt you will be under greater scrutiny simply because you will stand out from the crowd. With that scrutiny there will be positive and negative judgements and assumptions which would not be applied to women. Actual legality has nothing to do with it at all.
Was a female ever congratulated just for wearing a skirt and how many of us guys for wearing the trousers?
If it really was so simple for a guy to don a skirt in public why does it give so much damn grief and anxiety?
How many of us could honestly say that we woke up one morning and decided that we'd just throw on a skirt and that was that, done and dusted?
Steve.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Steve, most days I do just throw on a skirt and would wear it for the rest of the day but....

....for my wife. I wear shorts or trousers often enough to stop her commenting about my skirts. And I have to change out of a skirt into bifurcates before I go out of the front door. If she's not going to be around for a few hours I venture out skirted.